“OK if you have a craving for sweets, but there are better options” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chocolate Soup Pastry Cafe - CLOSED

Chocolate Soup Pastry Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
NJ
“OK if you have a craving for sweets, but there are better options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

This place is OK but not great if you are a chocolate fanatic. We tried a variety of their chocolates, nothing really stood out. We went due to a recommendation from other travellers who recommended their carrot cake, but with a name like Chocolate Soup, we felt like we should try the chocolates!

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adventure_Somm, General Manager at Chocolate Soup Pastry Cafe, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
I am sorry you did not find our Chocolates to your standard. I would like to point out that we are actually a Pastry Cafe and not necessarily a Chocolatier, though we do enjoy our Chocolates. The Name Chocolate Soup actually refers to our Signature Coffee drink which includes melted Swiss Chocolate and two shots of espresso. You certainly should have listened to the recommendation for the Carrot Cake!

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

I recently went to Chocolate Soup in downtown Steamboat for the first time. Stopped in on a Sunday evening to pick up a dessert for my husband and me to share. The young man at the counter was courteous and helpful. The chocolate mousse tart ($6+) was tasty, though not outstanding. I returned the next day, mid-morning, to purchase a chocolate-filled croissant. I was told by the young lady at the counter, "we always run out of those within a couple of hours of opening". It made me wonder why they don't make more of that variety if they always run out. There were plenty of plain and almond croissants available. I'm not a restaurant owner, but I think it would be an easy fix to make the same amount of dough and fill more croissants with chocolate since they are obviously the most popular.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review and recommendations. Finding par levels for our pastries is a never ending battle especially with an ever changing marketplace and a constant wave like influx of tourists. Though we strive to have everything for every guest this is not always possible with such constantly changing guest levels. Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to taking care of your again.