“Snowshoe Tour at Rabbit Ears”

Steamboat Backcountry Adventures
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Craig put together a Snowshoe tour at Rabbit Ears that was a blast with wonderful views. He geared it to my beginner ability. Craig was very professional, had extra clothes, water and hot chocolate for his clients to make sure they had the best experience. It was a great day and an opportunity to enjoy Steamboat's backcountry wonders away from the crowds at Mt Werner. I highly recommend hiring Craig at Steamboat Backcountry Adventures and going to Rabbit Ears on your next trip to Steamboat.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Craig was an awesome guide ! We had a 3 hr snoeshoe hike in the Rabbit Ears pass area - really great scenery and not too challenging for 2 middle aged (in shape) people. He picked us up at our condo exactly on time and returned us safely there. No hassles and very private.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Never been on a back country ski trip before and, after reading about it, wanted to learn from experience. Craig was an excellent guide. My friend had already been on back country split board trips, so he didn't need much help, but Craig took plenty of time showing me the different set ups we had (binding attachment, skins, equipment assembly, etc).

It was an exciting trip. I had some difficulty with my risers on my bindings, but Craig came down the mountain to help me pop them out during our first accent. He also provided us with lunch from a local sandwich shop in Steamboat, Cruiser's was the name.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

I took a tour with Craig at steamboat backcountry adventures last week and it was awesome! Craig is super knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. I'm fairly new to the back country still and he was great at educating me about how to read the snow, look for potential avalanche danger, how to use a beacon and probe and how to take choose the best line up the mountain. The trek had beautiful views and I got some amazing powder turns coming down. I'd have to say the highlight of the tour was when I accidentally put my ski on the ground after I took the skin off and Craig jumped off a small Cliff to rescue the ski from going off the side of the mountain. Now that is excellent service! If you've been thinking about learning how to go in the back country or just want to do a unique and fun trip, I would definitely recommend steamboat back country adventures.