“The perfect weekend stay”

Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Fort Collins, Colorado
“The perfect weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visited SS for the first time in mid-March. Greg and Isabella provided us with comfortable, quiet accommodations, wonderful breakfast and awesome recommendations for activities in and around town. Greg's friendly, personal touch at the front desk made the stay perfect! Thank you!

-Eli, Fort Collins

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed four nights in March during 13 yr old son's Spring Break. Selected Nordic Lodge based on overwhelming positive TA feedback. TA didn't steer me wrong - as I, my son (and another 13 yr old boy) felt right at home. Room had 2 queen beds, small frig and microwave. Nice continental breakfast included: served donuts, danishes, bagels, milk, juice, hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee/tea, cereal, frozen waffels that you heat in toaster, etc. Located downtown - walking distance to many stores and restraurants. "Greg" (Owner) went above and beyond in providing excellent food and sightseeing recommendations. Greg's recommendations saved me and my boys tons of cash and made our stay very enjoyable (e.g. provided towels to 2 different springs that we visited, told me where the best happy hours were, provided coupons to local attractions we visited). Greg certainly takes personal pride in making sure guests have all the info they need to enjoy themselves! I hope to return again during the summer months (as I hear there's TONS of stuff to do in Steamboat during the summer). Greg (and his wife Izabela) also was flexible in allowing me to adjust the number of nights I'd be staying.

Room Tip: Believe all rooms are nice - but would suggest a room toward the back of the property away from Linc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
decatur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Nordic Lodge is just great. It was perfect for our visit. My son and I went to Steamboat to ski. We stayed 5 nights. The Lodge isn't anything fancy but if you are skiing all day what more do you need than a clean room, comfortable bed, a hot tub and a short walk to many places to eat dinner? The free bus service every 10 minutes that takes you to the slopes is so easy and right across the street from the Lodge. Everyone comes to town for shopping and dinner so why pay the high prices to stay across from the gondola, pay for parking, and pay for your breakfast? The breakfast at the Lodge is very casual (placed up on the counter). There is no waiting in line for a table at which to be served and it is FREE with the room. It consisted of bagels, cereals (including granola), hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, muffins, doughnuts, bread/toast, strawberries, oranges, bananas, clementines, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk (including low fat and fat free). There was some traffic noise at about 7 am but it really wasn't too bad and we wanted to get up to go skiing anyway. The owners were extremely helpful explaining everything I needed to know about getting around and things to do. Best of all, after a really fun vacation I do not have an enormous bill to pay for my stay. I can't recommend this Lodge enough. The price for a room just can't be beat. Also remember that there is a 14.65% tax on rooms. That can really add up on expensive hotel rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I love the Nordic Lodge. We stayed four nights beginning March 1, and we both agreed that it was the best stay we'd had in Steamboat because of the location and value. The trip to the Gondola is 10-15 min on the free bus, which stops across the street every 10-15 min. Two of our favorite restaurants, Laundry and Creekside Cafe, are across the street on 11th Ave. The downtown location makes access to shopping and restaurants much easier than we've had when staying at the base of the mountain. Our room was clean and pleasant, with a kingsize bed, Samsung flatscreen TV (36-42 inch screen), a microwave, and small refrigerator. Plenty of off street parking. The continental breakfast of boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels and other breads was more than enough to start a day's skiing, and the coffee is superb. The owner Greg is absolutely the most helpful motel owner or manager with whom I've ever dealt. He was there every morning at breakfast, provided discounted lift tickets on short notice, and brought them to my room after breakfast when I'd forgotten them. Twice. Thanks again, Greg.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great Breakfast, Awesome free Concierge assistance! Personalized Friendly service by the Owners and their Family. Clean and large Hot tub was icing on the cake. Loved the free Bus service by Steamboat Springs to the slopes and shopping areas.

• Stayed March 2014
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Nordic Lodge is a great place to stay. Right on the edge of the town of Steamboat, within walking distance to all the bars and restaurants downtown.
Free bus to the ski resort is across the street-10 minute ride to the Gondola-- really easy to go skiing/no long walks in ski boots.
Owners are great. I called and asked about lift tickets because I would be arriving late on a Friday and didn't want to wait in line on Saturday morning. Greg had lift tickets waiting for me when I arrived...talk about service!
Room was nice, spotlessly clean, and I was able to park 3 feet from my door.
Wifi was good.
I really liked this hotel, liked the price and cleanliness, and the owners are fantastic. I would not stay anywhere else in Steamboat unless the Nordic Lodge was sold out.

Room Tip: stayed on bottom floor and parked right outside my door.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Fort Collins
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Over the years we have stayed at many of the mom and pop hotels along main street in Steamboat, but have now found one that we will stick with and not have to keep searching for that place that is just right. Our room was so clean, the owner was so accommodating, the price and location was also good. The owner took our reservation, was there when we checked in - and remembered talking to me, was there at breakfast, at checkout, etc. Great personal service!! Not to mention the good breakfast! You don't have to drive to the lifts - take the free shuttle.

Room Tip: Stayed in a two room unit with small fridge, microwave, 2 tvs - great for family. Put the kids to b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family