“Will definitely be back!”

Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Colorado
“Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed here last weekend...I took a chance based on TA reviews and I was not disappointed! Greg checked us in and gave great recommendations and advice. He is a foodie so you can trust his food choices. The rooms were cozy and well decorated. They are very pet friendly! They are located directly across the street where the free shuttle will pick you up and take you to the ski slopes...or you can ski at Howelsen right down the street. They are within walking distance to the great restaurants...we walked to all of the ones at which we ate. I will definitely stay here every time I am in Steamboat Springs and I recommend it to anyone looking for a great deal!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank hmharri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Just returned from four day spring skiing trip. We decided to stay in town rather than slopeside and chose The Nordic Lodge based on TA reviews. Everything was great and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Steamboat. Room was very clean, quiet and with comfortable king size bed. Greg is the perfect host and he will steer you in the right direction for restaurants etal. Morning continental breakfasts were fun, with opportunity to meet other guests.

Room Tip: We had room on ground floor and appreciated not having to negotiate stairs with ski boots on.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here two times now. We first came because they allowed dogs,but now we come because it is like staying with family. Greg and Izabella are perfect owners! We will continue to stay here in the future!Thanks for everything!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visited SS for the first time in mid-March. Greg and Isabella provided us with comfortable, quiet accommodations, wonderful breakfast and awesome recommendations for activities in and around town. Greg's friendly, personal touch at the front desk made the stay perfect! Thank you!

-Eli, Fort Collins

• Stayed March 2014
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed four nights in March during 13 yr old son's Spring Break. Selected Nordic Lodge based on overwhelming positive TA feedback. TA didn't steer me wrong - as I, my son (and another 13 yr old boy) felt right at home. Room had 2 queen beds, small frig and microwave. Nice continental breakfast included: served donuts, danishes, bagels, milk, juice, hard boiled eggs, fruit, coffee/tea, cereal, frozen waffels that you heat in toaster, etc. Located downtown - walking distance to many stores and restraurants. "Greg" (Owner) went above and beyond in providing excellent food and sightseeing recommendations. Greg's recommendations saved me and my boys tons of cash and made our stay very enjoyable (e.g. provided towels to 2 different springs that we visited, told me where the best happy hours were, provided coupons to local attractions we visited). Greg certainly takes personal pride in making sure guests have all the info they need to enjoy themselves! I hope to return again during the summer months (as I hear there's TONS of stuff to do in Steamboat during the summer). Greg (and his wife Izabela) also was flexible in allowing me to adjust the number of nights I'd be staying.

Room Tip: Believe all rooms are nice - but would suggest a room toward the back of the property away from Linc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
decatur
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Nordic Lodge is just great. It was perfect for our visit. My son and I went to Steamboat to ski. We stayed 5 nights. The Lodge isn't anything fancy but if you are skiing all day what more do you need than a clean room, comfortable bed, a hot tub and a short walk to many places to eat dinner? The free bus service every 10 minutes that takes you to the slopes is so easy and right across the street from the Lodge. Everyone comes to town for shopping and dinner so why pay the high prices to stay across from the gondola, pay for parking, and pay for your breakfast? The breakfast at the Lodge is very casual (placed up on the counter). There is no waiting in line for a table at which to be served and it is FREE with the room. It consisted of bagels, cereals (including granola), hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, muffins, doughnuts, bread/toast, strawberries, oranges, bananas, clementines, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk (including low fat and fat free). There was some traffic noise at about 7 am but it really wasn't too bad and we wanted to get up to go skiing anyway. The owners were extremely helpful explaining everything I needed to know about getting around and things to do. Best of all, after a really fun vacation I do not have an enormous bill to pay for my stay. I can't recommend this Lodge enough. The price for a room just can't be beat. Also remember that there is a 14.65% tax on rooms. That can really add up on expensive hotel rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My wife and I love the Nordic Lodge. We stayed four nights beginning March 1, and we both agreed that it was the best stay we'd had in Steamboat because of the location and value. The trip to the Gondola is 10-15 min on the free bus, which stops across the street every 10-15 min. Two of our favorite restaurants, Laundry and Creekside Cafe, are across the street on 11th Ave. The downtown location makes access to shopping and restaurants much easier than we've had when staying at the base of the mountain. Our room was clean and pleasant, with a kingsize bed, Samsung flatscreen TV (36-42 inch screen), a microwave, and small refrigerator. Plenty of off street parking. The continental breakfast of boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels and other breads was more than enough to start a day's skiing, and the coffee is superb. The owner Greg is absolutely the most helpful motel owner or manager with whom I've ever dealt. He was there every morning at breakfast, provided discounted lift tickets on short notice, and brought them to my room after breakfast when I'd forgotten them. Twice. Thanks again, Greg.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple