My wife and I enjoyed a recent weekend visit to Steamboat and I basically had no choice but to pick the Nordic Lodge simply based on reviews on this site and the very reasonable rates (for Steamboat). Oh, and I cannot discount the location. Everything else I was looking at was WAY overpriced, plus they were either not very nice or way off the beaten path. I was looking for a place within walking distance of as many Steamboat Springs attractions, bars, and restaurants as possible. The Nordic Lodge is simply the best option.
Greg, the owner, is a super nice guy and will take time to not only get to know you but make sure you are fully taken care of and then some. It is obvious that he is eager to assist and make sure you have the best stay possible.
I really like how all of the rooms are fully updated and very clean and comfortable. I overheard Greg talking to other customers about how they didn't just update the rooms, they completely demolished the buildings and rebuilt them all from scratch back in 2008!
The swimming pool is heated and very well-maintained and the hot tub is inside its own building and is also well taken care of too. I thought the hot tub was a tad hot and asked one of the maintenance guys who happened to be there to see if it was possible to turn the heat down a bit and he did! Of course it takes a while, but the next night we went into the hot tub, it felt awesome.
On the day we checked out, Greg was nice enough to show us the two-bedroom units for the time we bring our two boys with us to Steamboat. They have two different styles and both will be perfect for when that time comes.
Really the only thing that I was a bit uncomfortable with was the breakfast. Yes, it is a great spread for a continental breakfast, but I'm not really sure about the gallons of milk and the bottle of OJ being out on the counter. Plus, the tubs of butter, cream cheese, and anything else you would put on a bagel or a waffle were in a little container sitting on ice packs. If Anthony from Hotel Impossible saw this, he would go absolutely crazy. My suggestion would be to invest in an open-door cooler and have individually wrapped spreadables in there along with small cartons of milk and juices.
Other than that, if you are looking for a place with a perfect central location that is reasonably priced, very clean and updated and service that treats you like family, the Nordic Lodge is basically your only option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best lodging downtown Steamboat. Top rated hotel, motel and condo units, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, refrigerator and microwave, Free Wi-Fi, walking distance to 30 restaurants, Yampa River, parks, kayaking, hot springs, skiing, ice skating, fishing, biking, snowshoeing, walking, hiking, running trails, shopping, movies, local markets, Colorado Mountain College, soda Creek Elementary, favorite place to stay, new rooms, great reviews, best location, newest rooms downtown, close, convenient, comfortable, very clean, discounted rates and packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Lodge Of Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Nordic Motel Steamboat Springs