“Nice Mexican Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2011

With lots of Mexican choices in Steamboat, I would rate this as middle-of-the-road. Good food (not great), but affordable and nice, friendly service. Large bar area in the back that's never full. Good family restaurant, but if you're looking for the best place in Steamboat, you could probably go elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

The service was prompt, the food was average - but they need to spend some time to repair some interior deterioration. The boothe they sat us in was worn through to the foam padding. The light fixtures were broken and not working. The window sill was at my head level and I could see it had not been wiped clean in quite a while.
I had some type of shrimp entree. It seemed to be white shrimp cooked in catsup, with sides of beans & rice.
I had a margarita as well. Not impressive, I suggest getting any beer instead.
The Steak fajitas my friend ordered were much better though, I can recommend that dish.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have tried every place (at least twice) in Steamboat that offers Mexican/spanish cuisine. Hands down, Tequila's is the best across the board. The food at Tequila's is abundant and delicious. Everything is prepared with authenticity and care. The servers are coy and attentive. The price is completely affordable and you will always leave satisfied.
There are a quite a few options for Mexican food in Steamboat, pick Tequila's you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Went on a Saturday for lunch with my wife and children. Ordered off the menu and thought the food was just okay, but seemed a touch pricy for a mexican place. When the bill came it seemed unusually high. I asked the waiter about this and quoted the prices I had seen on the menu. He indicated that I must have been given the weekday menu by mistake. Never said he was sorry. Prices were also significantly higher (I think around 40%) on the weekend. Outrageous. When I commented on it, the waiter copped a an attitude, like I should have known they change prices on the weekend. Well excuse me - and goodbye tip ! The manager apparently was not in, or I would have talked to him. I'm a local and haven't been back since.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Really authentic and yet creative dishes with large portions for a great price!