“Rest in Peace”

Dining options: Reservations
Steamboat Springs
“Rest in Peace”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

There's a reason this place has closed down - poor service and value. Adios and good riddance. Maybe soneone will start another restaurant at this location. But for goodness sakes... not another mexican place. There are too many in Steamboat already.

• Visited November 2011

Sedona, Arizona
“Middle of the road Mexican”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The place was OOkk. Strictly a eat and get full kind of place. The vegetarian options were highly limited, and making grilled fish tacos for me instead of fried ones wasn't an option so I went with the veggie burrito, which again was ok, and did fill me up. Staff was also just OK and forgot my guacamole, but since I was with a big group, and we had things to discuss, I let it pass. Nah, I will not rush back here the next time I'm in Steamboat but if everything else is closed and I'm starving Ill stop in the for the carrot veggie burrito.

• Visited September 2012
“Very good - if you like a strong vomit flavor”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Family and I wanted Mexican and this looked as good as anyplace to us. We love mexican food but this was bad. The menu has a lot if options and we chose the appetizer combo for the kids, my wife had enchilada plate, and I had a combo plate that included a beef taco, beef and bean burrito, and a cheese enchilada. Chips and salsa very average but the cabbage salsa was actually the highlight of the meal. It was all downhill from there. They don't provide more than 1 refill with out charging more which was very surprising to us. When the meal arrived the plates were oversized and piping hot - like the plates themselves came out of an oven. One of my girls burned her arm on my plate and I burned my fingers moving it away. I get it when a waiter says "hot plate" but this was crazy. The meat had a strange taste that I could not place until it hit me - very much like that pleasant taste of vomit - it takes a lot to say that. The taquitos in the app plate were among the worst and our kids could not choke them down despite being very hungry. The meal ended with much of the food untouched and we almost laughed when they offered a To go box. The trip to Tequilias was capped off by seeing a swarm of fruit fly type bugs flying around the bar and kitchen. All in all one of the worst meals I have had!

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

The quality is not as good as " Fiesta Jalisco's", but more expensive.

Colorado
“Very good Mexican food, horrible margs!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I don’t have any idea how the other reviewers can rate the Margaritas at TEQUILA'S any higher than “horrible!” In fact, it is a puzzle how they could even drink them. They are served in a tall glass. The top two-thirds is filled with crushed ice making the Marg almost impossible to drink. They are served with a long straw that draws from under the ice, but it quickly plugs up with ice. I ordered another with less ice. That didn’t work. So, I tried an order with no ice. That was met with scorn and a long explanation of why they could not do that. Finally, one came with no ice, and it was actually quite good. It was also icy cold leading me to believe they made the drink the usual way and simply drained it off the ice. So, if you like Margaritas, I suggest you order it with no ice. The food was really good once we got he Marg thing straightened out! No cheap undertaking at $7.00 a shot. In the end, I got one good Margarita at a combined cost of $21!

• Visited March 2012