“Great Place”
Review of Trailhead Lodge

Trailhead Lodge
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The rooms are very nice and well decorated, it is a beautiful place.

We really like the ease of getting on the gondola and riding up to the village and the free shuttle to take us around town (restaurants, grocery store, etc).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased to see that you felt Trailhead Lodge was a beautiful place, your unit was well decorated, our gondola provided ease getting up to the base of the ski area and that you utilized our shuttle service to get around town. I hope to see you again this ski season!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was so excited to book our mini vacation because we don't get to travel much. I thoroughly researched the places to stay in Steamboat Springs and this was by far the best deal and an amazing place to stay. I have 2 children (4,7) and stayed in the 1 bedroom. It was absolutely perfect. Garage parking space was provided, pool was warm and fun, hot tubs were a huge hit. The fire pit at night was a nice addition. I promise you that you will not regret staying at this lodge. Front desk was always helpful as well. Having the kitchen to cook in was FANTASTIC, it is fully equipped and very nice. Grocery stores are nearby and it is very well located. Several lovely hiking trails close by. The town has some amazing restaurants as well. Can't go wrong, next time I am in Steamboat this is exactly where I will stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased you chose to stay with us for your mini vacation and that your unit was perfect, you and your family enjoyed our amenities, the front desk was helpful, and that your kitchen was well equipped. It sounds like you had a great visit and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Steamboat Springs.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel and room was beautiful, but we were disappointed that it didn't have a restaurant/bar or a complimentary breakfast. We realize these were condos, but it would have been nice to have those available. We did enjoy the free shuttle service to wherever you wanted to go in town. The staff was great and very friendly, and the location was good too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I was pleased to read that you utilized our shuttle service to get around town, you found the staff to be friendly, our location was good, and that you felt our property and your condominium were beautiful. I understand not having a restaurant or bar on property can be a challenge and hope you found the kitchen in your unit to provide for your needs. I am hopeful that additional development within Wildhorse Meadows will provide for some food and beverage so I hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future when we may have that available.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We began this journey through Steamboat Springs to see the bike riders of the USA Pro Challenge as they toured the mountainsides of Colorado. Coming from Texas, we were looking for a nice place to "unwind" during our travels. I booked this through hotels.com and I must say....I had the easiest check in EVER! We actually extended our stay at this resort for one extra night due to it's location, comfort, amenities, and wonderful customer service (not that I needed much). The room was a 950+sf room, the size of a small apartment with very nice decor and lay out. Since we already paid for the romm in advance, we didn't even get charged a huge deposit lie most places want to impliment! Afterall, who wants qall their vacation money tied up in deposits? We would have liked a cafe or an inhouse room service....but can understand that these are owned condos and not a typical "hotel"...but that was no problem at all. The city of Steamboat Springs offers a FREE bus system which takes you into town. The condo itself even has a free gondola ride to get up to the central square (outside mall) which is NEXT to the resort parking garage. We used this a couple of times. It's also one fo the few that has an outdoor pool and given the sunset view it made for lovely evening decompressions.
In all, we were so very impressed with this place. We will definitely stay here again if we travel back to Colorado-Steamboat Springs area-FOR SURE! If you are pondering this place...ponder no longer. We think you will LOVE it! Summer, Spring, Winter or Fall....this place is AWESOME! Thank you Kat (at the front desk), for your wonderful greetings and warm smile. :)

Room Tip: Mountain view :) All around
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased to see that the USA Pro Cycling Challenge brought you into Steamboat Springs and that you had such a pleasant experience that you extended your visit with us. I hope you travel back to Colorado and come see us again at Trailhead Lodge so we can provide you the same wonderful customer service that you enjoyed during your visit and will be certain to forward your comments onto the staff, especially Cat!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed in a really spacious, nice two bedroom, two bath condo. The view was pretty, the facilities were very nice, and the staff was really helpful and generous with their time.

Thanks Trailhead for a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank t2colorado
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased you found your unit to be spacious with nice views, the facilities were nice, and that the staff was really helpful and generous with their time. I am glad you had a great time with us and hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again sometime soon.

GeneralManager@steamboatresorts.com

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I came to Steamboat for 5 days to do some biking and had a wonderful time at Trailside. The condo was very clean and comfortable with a marvelous view from our balcony. The pool and hot tubs were great and refreshing after a day of cycling. The condo was well equipped for everything we needed to cook although there are some fabulous restaurants within walking distance. Our one complaint was the housekeeping service. We were given a card saying we would get services on Monday. We came back in the evening and found we hadn't had services so called the front desk and they brought us clean towels so we could shower. We were told we we be visited the next day but never were. On our last day we actually ran out of toilet paper and a kind guest staying in the room next to us gave us a roll. We realized there wouldn't be daily services but no services in a five day stay was a little ridiculous. However, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I was pleased to read that you found our property to be very clean and comfortable, you had nice views from your unit balcony, our amenities offered relaxation each day, and that your condominium was well equipped. I was disappointed however to learn about our lack of housekeeping services that were never provided to you and will certainly follow up on this matter with our Front Desk and Housekeeping Departments as I would agree that no services during your five day visit is quite ridiculous. Certainly not our typical level of services that we provide. I am pleased to see that you will definitely stay with us again and I hope to earn your five star rating upon your next visit! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Our family spent this past weekend in Steamboat Springs, one of our favorite Colorado destinations. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo at The Trailhead Lodge. It is an exceptionally nice condo, with high end finishes throughout. It is a newer property, well maintained, and there was plenty of room for the four of us with two older teenagers. Aveda shower toiletries was a nice touch. The pullout coach was comfortable.The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, (however, no room service of any kind and our room keys kept needing to be recharged). Quiet, relaxing and comfortable. Secure parking. The gym was not noteworthy, but definitely adequate. All around great property. Our only complaint was that the guests were asked politely to leave the hot tub and fire pit area promptly at 10 pm, which is their closing time. We would have enjoyed staying longer and spending time conversing with the other families in a lovely setting. A 10:30pm or 11pm close time would be appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool and valley view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased to see that you found our property to be spacious, quiet, relaxing, and well maintained with high end finishes and our Aveda products. I am equally pleased to hear that the staff was friendly, helpful and polite despite having to close the pool and grotto hot tubs at 10:00 PM. I am also sorry to hear about your keys having to be recharged. I hope Trailhead Lodge has the opportunity to become your favorite location in your favorite Colorado destination!