“Exceeded already high expectations”
Review of Trailhead Lodge

Trailhead Lodge
New York, New York, United States
“Exceeded already high expectations”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Staying at the Trailhead Lodge was the highlight of a great vacation in Steamboat. As many recent reviewers have pointed out, the rooms were well appointed and clean, kitchen well equipped, staff so friendly and helpful and the location with the gondola was as convenient as anything I have had before. There were many small things that make this place great: a ready supply of donuts and beverages in the lobby, free shuttles to any destination in the town, the ability to watch Netflix, the provision of highchairs and Pack N Plays for the kids and outdoor BBQ facilities. Unlike some recent reviewers we found the housekeeping was of a high standard throughout our 7 day stay. It was a pleasure coming back each night to such comfortable surroundings ... when we got back to Manhattan our apartment felt like a step down.
When we return to Steamboat we will definitely be staying at Trailhead again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for staying with this last month and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased you found our property to be a highlight of your great vacation and that you found your unit well-appointed and clean, the kitchen well equipped, the staff friendly and helpful, and the Wildhorse Gondola convenient. I am also glad to see that you enjoyed a few donuts, our complimentary shuttle, and that you did a little barbequing while in town. I bet that your apartment in Manhattan is quite nice but I hope that you will come back and see us again real soon!

Todd Siefken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Love this lodge! Great location, friendly/helpful staff, clean rooms, great pool/spa/fitness center, convenient boot/ski storage and a gondola up the ski area just outside the front door. What more do you need!? We were in town for a conference at the Sheraton so initially had a room there for convenience. After two nights we all agreed we wanted to move to the Trailhead which is where we've stayed in the past. (nothing against the Sheraton, we just prefer TL by far!)Cannot recommend highly enough. As always our stay was great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us this month and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased you decided to stay with us again due to our location, the staff, the unit cleanliness, our amenities, the ski/boot storage options, and our gondola. Certainly nothing against the Sheraton but we are very pleased you came back to stay with us. Please call me directly at the property the next time you are visiting Steamboat Springs and we would love to have you back!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I had never been to Steamboat and were somewhat concerned about accomodations, as we have 2 little ones so service and convenience are key.  On both these fronts, Trailhead delivered. Front desk staff was very courteous, as was most everyone we met, always willing to lend a helping hand and genuinely friendly.  Hot chocolate and donuts in the lobby turned out to be huge highlight for the kids, usually a good incentive to wake up early. Convenience to Gondola Square via Wildhorse Gondola was extremely easy, as was storage of skis and gear.  The one aspect that fell surprisingly short was housekeeping. We stayed 5 nights but had our condo only serviced once (expected at least 2x), there was no vacuuming done and only bare minimums in terms of tidying up the place - this was a very noticeable deficiency.  Nevertheless, overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us this month and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased that you and your family decided to stay with us and that your concerns about convenience and service were eliminated. I am glad the Wildhorse Gondola provided easy access to the ski area and that everyone you met was very courteous and genuinely friendly. The housekeeping services that you should have expected during your visit are towels being changed, beds being made, and trash being taken out, every-other-day. Since you only had one service, I would agree that we were deficient in this area. I am glad you had an enjoyable visit despite the lack of housekeeping services you received and hope you will give us another try for a future visit to Steamboat Springs.

New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We just spent 4 nights at the Trailhead Lodge. Condo was very nice. Elegant kitchen, bathrooms and furnishings. It is very easy to take the gondola to gondola square. The kids loved the gameroom and had a lot of freedom there and at the hot tubs and outdoor pool. We loved the huge boot dryers in the boot room and its very easy to get your equipment. The walk from the hotel condo to the main gondola is easy. If the Trailhead had a small store or cafe/coffee shop, I would have gived this hotel a 5. The only other suggestion is that housekeeping should vacuum/clean the floors when they come. We would def stay here again and loved Steamboat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us this month and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased to see that you found your unit very nice, the Wildhorse Gondola provided easy access to the ski area, your kids loved our game room and amenities, and our boot drying room and ski storage made it very easy to grab your equipment and head up skiing. I am pleased to say that we do anticipate some food and beverage to be developed adjacent to Trailhead Lodge in the next few years which I agree, will make a difference in the overall experience. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the floors and I can assure you that we are constantly considering changes to our services that will improve our guests’ experience. I hope to see you again soon!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was in town for a conference. The conference was at the Steamboat Grand further up the mountain. I had stayed at the Steamboat Grand last year for the same conference.
Overall, I was glad that I actually stayed at this place.
The people - from the bellman, to the front desk, to every encounter I had, were great.
I loved the fact that they would basically drive you wherever you needed to go. Always friendly and dependable. And they'd come and pick me up when I needed to get back. Excellent service. Very friendly people all around.
I liked the breakfast nibbles in the lobby as well as the hot drinks available all day. The cocoa was great after a day of skiing.
My actual room was nice. Studio condo with a comfortable bed, good wifi, and good workspace - I actually did do work!
I also loved the gondola - so convenient for getting to my meetings at the grand and to getting to the ski lifts.
One thing - I don't know if it's the hotel or what, but my room overlooked a field where a snow plow started moving piles of snow - loudly - every morning at 4AM. This woke me up every day and I couldn't go back to sleep soundly.
Another thing - there was daily maid service, but they didn't do a great job cleaning everything. I had spilled some coffee grounds on the floor when I was making coffee (I DID appreciate the coffeemaker and coffee in the room), but they didn't clean them all up. They need to be a little more detail oriented.
Overall, though, I liked this place and I'd recommend it. modern, comfortable, and will overall great enthusiastic service.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the field where the snow plow works in the morning. Too loud.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us this month and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I was pleased to read that overall you were glad to have stayed with us. In addition, I was pleased to see that the staff you encountered was great, you enjoyed the coco we provide in the lobby, your unit was comfortable, and the gondola provided convenient access to the ski area. I am sorry to hear that the snow removal operations on the ski area’s parking lot caused you to wake up early and I will call the ski area to see if anything may be done regarding this. I will also speak to our Housekeeping Manager regarding their attention to detail. Please come back and see us again for your next conference or when you are in Steamboat Springs for a future visit.
Williston, Vermont
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Trailhead is different from most condos. It is a lot like a hotel but each unit has a kitchen. Everything was clean and well maintained. Easy to get to ski area with private gondola. most of the time I was there it was quiet with low occupancy. It started to fill up the last 2 nights and there was more noise from the condo above me. I think noise might be a problem if the place was full. Nice staff, pool, hot tubs and shuttle if you don't have a car. Not within walking distance to anything in winter since the side walks from hotel are not cleared and you have to walk in the street but there is the shuttle. All in all, I would stay again.

Room Tip: some of the rooms have views of ski area
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us last month and for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased you found our property to be clean, well maintained, and that the Wildhorse Gondola made it easy for you to get to the ski area. I was also glad to see that you enjoyed the staff, pool and shuttle. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was a great place to stay! The service was awesome. It is conveniently located and easy to get to the slopes. The shuttle service was great and usually immediately available to take you into town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Trailhead Lodge, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us this past December and for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at Trailhead Lodge. I am pleased to see that you found our property a great place to stay, conveniently located, you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, and that you found our service to be awesome! I hope to see you again real soon.