“Beautiful Reception Venue”

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th
Transit: One block from Lincoln Ave (Rt 40 or sometimes referred to as Main St) at approximately 8th and Yampa St.
Description: Sweetwater Grill is a casual family dining restaurant bringing a new vibe to the Valley on the beautiful Yampa River. Our newly remodeled restaurant and lounge is the definition of modern casual elegance. Enjoy affordable New American cuisine created by our chefs incorporating many seasonal and locally grown products. You can also join us for happy hour and live acoustic music on our amazing new roof top deck overlooking the river. We also feature a lower deck and contemporary lounge all of which offer a unique, fun atmosphere from which to choose. Open seven days per week serving lunch and dinner year round. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Attended a wedding reception here. Food was good. Drinks were better ;)
The whole night was great. The patio is a very nice place to sit and visit.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

In Steamboat.Food is very good and the atmosphere is wonderful.Try and sit outside on one of the two decks that look out over the Yampa River and straight over at Howelson Hill.The lower deck has a huge fire pit that is great to sit around while having a cocktail.Prices are moderate and they are busy so I would suggest a reservation.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The outdoor seating area is nice but I found the food to be a little lacking. The pork dish that I ordered for $20 was way overcooked and dry and the value for the money just wasn't there. The service was good - I would recommend coming here from 4-6pm for happy hour drinks on the river and then find another place in town for eats.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went in for lunch and found the best hamburger I've had since I was diagnosed with celiac disease in 1976!! They served the burger with a soft, chewy, tasty hamburger bun that made the burger able to be hand held and enjoyed!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I love the outdoor seating here as well as the wine list. I have a few things that concern me though. They have a large area for children to play and while I understand it is the parent's responsibility to watch over the children I do think it is up to management to say something if the parents don't. While we were dining a few children were hitting rocks with sticks like baseballs. This should not have gone on. I am giving a poor rating on the atmosphere because of this. It was hard to enjoy the beauty of the area when you're worried about your head getting hit by flying rocks.
One member of our party has a gluten allergy and was very specific when ordering in telling the server. Imagine all of our surprise when her salad came out with croutons. It may be that the server is not educated on the gluten allergies but if you have gluten free menu items and you state it on your menu and your chef says they understand the allergy; that kind of mistake should not be made. Ever.
The non gluten people in the party ordered the special of the night which was kale salad that was awesome! I had the Korean BBQ meat added to it. Very flavorful and filling.