“Lacrosse Mom Extremely HAPPY” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steamboat Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Campground
Minturn
“Lacrosse Mom Extremely HAPPY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

WOW!! The Steamboat Campgrounds, this is a great place: sweet, relaxing and comfortable. We stayed in one of the cozy cabins with a kitchen, half bathroom and a loft sleeping area above the living room. It was Spectacular. The manager, Amber, allowed us to check in early which made my day, because I was going to spend the rest of it sitting on the side lines of a hot artificial turf playing field watching my son’s lacrosse get whipped by the front range teams.
When we returned the atmosphere was inviting, shaded with blossning aspens and the sound of the rushing river. The cool spring grass outside the cabin door refreshed my burned soles as we sat and watched the boys practice their lacrosse shots for tomorrow’s games.
The public bus stops at the front entrance of the campgrounds every twenty minutes and runs that loop right into town. We rode in on the bus and hit some thrift stores recommended by the manager and she even knew where I could find my church for Sunday morning services the next day.
The propane grills on the deck worked great and clean up was a snap because the kitchen was stocked with everything I needed. When I went to take a shower before bedtime I found the manager, Amber, hard at work, still smiling, going in to clean. The shower was hot and refreshing the sleeping pads on the beds where amazingly comfortable and covered in a clean nylon wrap which made me very happy because of my allergies and my son’s asthma. We slept very long and hard enjoying the cool breeze from the upstairs loft window. The morning was a beautiful Colorado sunny day and I opted to buy coffee in the office instead of brewing it in the cabin just so I could say hi to the staff. They are a hard working crew.
The Steamboat Campgrounds, Go there and enjoy it. It is really amazing.

Room Tip: We went with a cabin that had a kitchen to save on eating out. It works better for our dog than a h...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
e
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hello, In September I reserved a cabin on the river, by the restrooms for my 7 year old son and I. We selected coming in next Saturday and leaving Tuesday. I gave you my CC info. Then I went and returned the skiing superpasses we bought at a discount and upgraded to passes with days at Steamboat. After losing the discount I spent roughly $150 more. I never plan ahead, so for me to make a reservation 6 months in advance was unusual for me. It took several days and calls to you to solidify the dates. Apparently you decided my reservation didn't matter and have now given it to someone else! In your arrogance you say that "we just don't do that." Guess what, you do and did. After reading other reviews online it seems like this is not the first time you have done this. Your utter lack of responsibility is appalling. I used to be a manager for Hyatt and this is NOT the way things are done in your industry. Instead of offering to help in a way that causes you discomfort rather than me, the customer who was shafted, you suggest "googling another place to stay online" (I reserved at your CAMPGROUND because I don't have the money to stay somewhere else in super expensive Steamboat during Spring Break) or "rent an RV and stay at one of our RV sites that cost almost the same as the cabin." (oh right, because RVs are free). You even claimed that I made up my reservation and lied about it since you couldn't find it on your end. Now you say you are doing "research" basically to disprove that I ever had a reservation in the first place. I don't have a reservation on your end because one of your employees messed up and didn't process it! And you don't care to take responsibility or make it right. All I have to say is, WOW. Thank you for taking away a father/son skiing trip that we have been looking forward to and talking about for over 6 months. Thank you SO much.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank s h

Travellers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed in RV 1 night. Very helpful staff.....suggested taking free shuttle right from office to town which we did. Very good idea. (runs every 20 min) Campground is just 2 miles from town.

Very pretty, restful campground on Yampa River. Trees were beautiful.

We didn't use the pool, but looked very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank REDFOX419
Pinedale, WY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

The staff at the Steamboat Campground are friendly and efficient. The facilities are kept clean and stocked, even when a group of 100+ women invade and take over! Always smiling faces to greet campers. Location next to the river is nice; highway can be busy but traffic noise dies and sleep was uninterrupted (except by the wild women in our own group:). Wonderful to have the free bus right outside your door - no need to drive into town for anything. Will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheWesternNomad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

This campground was a KOA - it has a pool, a dated laundry room, a women's room with silk flower decorations, and quite a few smallish tent sites along with cabins (which look pretty cute, but don't seem very private) and lots of RV spots. On the north end of the main road through town - pretty good location-wise. Not bad for last-minute affordable steamboat lodging, but if you can score a site at Strawberry Hot Spring and you don't need a shower (Strawberry's showers are, reportedly, so gross that they are not usable) that site would probably be more fun. We camped next to a nice couple. They offered us banana bread and I accepted with some trepidation - but it was the BEST banana bread I have ever had. So - I guess it pays to be friendly with your neighbors at this site.

• Stayed August 2012
Craig, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

We love this place!! We have our favorite cabin & have stayed in a tent site, both are great. The view is wonderful and Steamboat is only a few miles away. Our teenage son & his friends have a great time along with our 8 year old and the doggies :) You can stay at the campground all day and have something to do..... Fishing, basketball, swimming, tubing, walks, rent three-wheel bikes, miniature golf! The staff are nice, genuine people who are always willing to help. The campground is truly cared for and it shows. This is our little getaway & we will keep coming back! Whether you are locals (like us) or out of staters, traveling by RV, vehicle, bike, whatever! You have to come check out this sweet campground!! The Elliott Clan

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Cameron E
Buffalo, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The campground was clean and in a beautiful location. The facilities were kept clean at all times and there were enough showers to accommodate the crowd. It is a beautiful area! Everything about our stay at Steamboat Campground was perfect. We will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 2 in Hayden
Mariposa Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Mariposa Lodge Bed and Breakfast
#4 of 8 in Steamboat Springs

Been to Steamboat Campground? Share your experiences!