“Very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Campground
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We rented an RV in Denver and this was our first stop. The spots are very close together, at least where we stayed, but the location is very beautiful in general. I really liked the staff. They let the kids use the three wheel bikes much longer than what we paid for. The campground store was well stocked for campground needs. The showers were very clean. Overall, I would recommend but maybe take the advice of previous posters as to site location

1  Thank Libby C
There are newer reviews for Steamboat Campground

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Nice location on the banks of the Yampa River. But, our experience with their customer service is leaving us feeling kinda put out.

I made our reservations back in February, for the 1st of July. At that time, specifically chose site 50. Two days ago, the staff called us and told us that if we didn't change our site, they were going to get yelled at by an irate customer, who ostensibly did not have the foresight to make reservations as early as I did. After being assured that all sites "we're exactly the same", we agreed to the swap and were placed in site 57.

We arrive to see our original site occupied by the would-be angry customer. That particular site was on the end, and has a nice grassy area about 50' by 50'. Ours...not so much.

We have the pleasure of enjoying an 8' swath of beautiful Northern Colorado. We are literally on top of our neighbors, and I am so looking forward to dining outside right next to their sewer pipe.

My wife brought this to their attention, and wanted to let them know that we got the crappy end of the stick. Indifference is exactly the response she got in return. So, despite being responsible and making reservations five months in advance and despite being great customers to help this place avoid a confrontation, we get the privilege of paying for and staying in a substandard site without any sort of compensation or empathy from the staff. Giving us some s'mores fixings, on the house, for our trouble would have been appreciated. Instead, we get a shrug of the shoulders and a "sorry you're not happy."

Yep...not coming back to this place any time soon.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Superflybriguy
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have stayed at this campground several times in the past and I just wanted to compliment the new management! They are very caring and tuned into every detail going on, which as a campground owner myself makes all the difference in the world. Clean restrooms, very clean cabin with well cared for grounds & always a smile and kind words for a guest. Keep it up guys!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed here June 14-16 2013. This park is very well kept with a very responsive, thoughtful and friendly staff. We had a wonderful time staying in the campground and used most of the facilities. The bathrooms were always being cleaned. It was terrible that the staff had to clean up behind some very messy campers who obviously were raised in a barn, but nonetheless the staff worked tirelessly to keep the bathrooms clean. I know that the condition of bathrooms can make some people give bad reviews, but none of the bathroom issues were the fault of the staff and they stayed on top of it the best they could. The grounds were well manicured and even though the campground is old, the buildings and amenities are very nice. We had no issues with the hook-ups at our site. The staff was very courteous to every family we saw them interact with and made sure the customer was served appropriately. It really is too bad some of the campers seemed to take advantage of the generosity of the staff. I highly recommend this campground for anyone staying in Steamboat area. We will be back for sure. You really do get what you paid for and anyone who has an issue with this campground probably has issues themselves. It seems that some visitors are abusing the system letting those not staying in the campground use the facilities without paying which in my opinion is wrong. At the Steamboat campground you will find a friendly staff, clean campground and nice place to stop and stay while enjoying the beautiful Colorado scenery.

Room Tip: Try and get a site away from the mobile home park that back up to the RV park. The residents of that...
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My family and our friends stayed here and it was absolutely beautiful. I would have been a repeat customer had the manager not called and accused us of setting up an extra tent in the next campsite over and demanded we drop what we were doing to fix it. She then hung up on us. My husband left our daughters softball game to return to the campground. He looked at the tent she was referring to and told her it was not ours. She did not apologize but instead responded as if we were still in the wrong. Three days after we left, she calls to tell us we didn't pay for our firewood. I, personally, put the money in HER hand. When I reminded her of this, she said she remembered but again, did not apologize for the incorrect and rude accusation. She then told me I was blacklisted from the campground. What?! Are you kidding me?! Two false accusations and I am the one blacklisted? I have never been treated so horribly. I will never return and I will share my experience with every person I know. I am very offended.

4  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We had 3 families staying in 3 cabins on the beautiful Yampa River. What a great place. Clean bathrooms, lots of showers, laundry, great store, mini-golf, warm clean swimming pool, playground, pond, outdoor kitchen area, covered picnic area. We had the best time with all the kids at the campground - campfires every night, catching HUGE trout in the river - an affordable, outdoor way to see Steamboat (forget about the TV and hotel) stay at the campground everyone feels better. Amber and Bryan who run the place are so great, so organized, so friendly, so knowledgeable, we even miss them after we left. 5 stars to Steamboat Campground.

Room Tip: We loved our cabin by the river - it had a bbq, picnic table, fire ring, chairs
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My family and I stayed at Steamboat Campground from 5-27-13 thru 6-2-2013 and we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a cabin by the river which was so nice. My brother-in-law along with his family was there at the same time and our kids had so much fun in the pool, fishing, buying candy in the store and just walking around. We would like to personally thank Amber & Bryan for everything they did to make our stay so special. We were able to use the fire pit next to our cabin to fit all of our family. The bathrooms were very clean, the cleaning station was great for cleaning our pots & pans, the grounds were lovely, the laundry room was awesome, and the coffee was hot & ready each morning. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this campground. It was so close to town and all Steamboat has to offer. Thank you so much again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family