Steamboat Springs KOA
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
See available hotels
Hotel Bristol(Steamboat Springs)
View Hotel
Rabbit Ears Motel(Steamboat Springs)
Alpiner Lodge(Steamboat Springs)
Western Lodge(Steamboat Springs)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrv parkfather's dayshower bathroomtent camperscleanliness issuescable tvclose to townfree shuttlecabinfacilitieshookupssteamboat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at the Steamboat Campground from July 20th through the 25th, 2013. The staff was always helpful and polite. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. Because we made the reservation originally for the 21st and then decided to come down on the 20th instead we did have to stay in a separate lot for one night and then move, but that is to be expected in a BUSY place. When our other lot was available, the staff personally came to our camper to let us know that it was ready. Although we did not use the on-site pool, I could see that it was kept clean and well maintained. We saw someone there every morning cleaning it. All of the other facilities were also clean. We will be returning to the Steamboat Springs area and when we do, this is the place we WILL stay.

Room Tip: All of the sites are great, but if you can do without sewer, pick a place along the river. We loved this camp ground and will be returning.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Core sites seem quite nice. However as campground grew, the owners did so haphazardly. Sites along the perimeter were not level, without pads and for the most part added without proper planning. Restrooms were inadequate for number of patrons and often left unattended. Floors were constantly wet, garbage full, and in general not very sanitary (slippery and dangerous). Shower and bathroom stalls were ridiculously small. Our site was unshaded, just off the highway (i.e., noisy), and small even for our pop-up. The next camper in a 5th wheel was just feet from our front door.
Campground is on river but there is no designated access point aside from walking through another camper's site which we would not do and the campground itself suggests campers avoid. Pool is unshaded and small.
Amenities require additional fees.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kreed3552
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I made our reservation for camping here a couple months in advance to secure a spot for a friday-sunday. No problem at all, they were very kind & courteous. I was given a confirmation number which the girl said she was also going to email me (never got). The week before we were set to go, i got a job offer & would have to end up spending that friday filling out paperwork, training, etc.. So midweek, i call up the campground to let them know and cancel well ahead of the 24hr notice. It was just after 6, the phone was at first busy, so i tried back a couple minutes later. This time and about tries later, it just kept ringing - no voicemail to go to. Might i also throw in that THEY HAVE NO EMAIL posted OR SUBMISSION AREA ON THE WEBSITE, so other than the lousy phone service, you have no way to contact. Thursday i try again, but this time i was able to leave a message - where they say they will "call right back!". I figured at this point everything was good. I didn't hear anything the rest of that day, so i call back friday morning and do the exact same thing, leaving another message. I get a call back at 6:23pm from them, leaving me a message that they were getting ready to close at 6:30 (what kind of campground CLOSES at 6:30 on a FRIDAY!?) and would leave my campground map in the nighttime pickup location, as if they had not got any of my messages in the first place. I called back immediately 3 times and NO ONE PICKED UP so i left a mssg AGAIN explaining what happened. Still no call back. Saturday afternoon rolls around, i get ANOTHER call from them, which i could not get to in time, saying "well we never heard from you so we are going to have to charge you for the nights stay". I called back within less than 2 minutes of their call and AGAIN NO ONE PICKED UP & left a not so nice message!
After so many messages and attempts to let them know of my cancellation, i truly believe that they intentionally turn a blind eye and play dumb, simply to charge me for the full stay. Little did they know that after Friday when i couldn't get through to them after 3 days, i cancelled my debit card they had on file, so that i would not have to go through a fiasco of most likely not getting our money back from these yahoo's.
I can't speak for the campground & stay, but as far as operations and customer service, you are much better off staying at the state park or elsewhere. Completely disgusted with how this "wasn't" handled & will never recommend this campground to anybody.

Room Tip: Yes, book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Matt M
Reviewed 21 July 2013

BEWARE! if they mess up your reservation - as they did ours - and you get even the least bit upset, management will call you "rude" and simply cancel your reservation just a few days before arrival.
We made reservations with three other couples in February for the week of July 4th in side by side sites. After multiple attempts we never received a confirmation. They are very difficult to get a hold of. A few days prior, I did reach them and was informed we were in a different site than we were originally given, and not by our friends. The young girl I spoke with said she would have to talk to the managers and they'd probably have to call the people who were now in our spot to see if we could get it back. The manager would call me later.
The manager called back after 20 minutes, accused me of being rude to her employee and was cancelling our reservation. I was shocked! I said I was not rude, I was just trying to figure out how they were going to work this out and how this had happened since the reservation was made months ago and in conjunction with our friend's reservations. She claimed they recorded our conversation (I think that's illegal to do without informing the all parties involved) and I was rude. Not remembering anything I said to this young employee as being rude, as I was asking to listen to that recorded conversation, the manager hung up on me! Who's rude????
We are empty nesters and have done many camping trips already this year and many more scheduled, so I was happy to not have to give my business to people who treat their customers this way. I just hope some family with little kids, all excited about their one vacation of the year that is planned for Steamboat Campground, doesn't have their vacation canceled on them. Turns out, no one was in our original site...
Also beware there are certain breeds of dogs they don't allow but don't tell you about that until you arrive. Also, some sites have fire pits and some don't, which they don't mention either.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We rented an RV in Denver and this was our first stop. The spots are very close together, at least where we stayed, but the location is very beautiful in general. I really liked the staff. They let the kids use the three wheel bikes much longer than what we paid for. The campground store was well stocked for campground needs. The showers were very clean. Overall, I would recommend but maybe take the advice of previous posters as to site location

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family