“Cabin at Steamboat Campground...Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steamboat Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Steamboat Campground
Springfield, Missouri
“Cabin at Steamboat Campground...Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My fiance and I decided to take a mini trip to Steamboat mainly to go to Strawberry Park hot springs and do a little hike. We only wanted to stay one night and were on a tight budget. We wanted to just camp because it was the cheapest route, but then I found these cabins at Steamboat Campgroud. I read all the reviews on trip advisor which left me with mixed feelings on whether or not we should book it, but soooo glad we did! We stayed in cabin k3, which in my opinion was the best one! It was right on the river which was very peaceful, and a very short walk to the restrooms/showers. The cabin was small and rustic, with a full size bed and bunk beds (bring your own linens). Also had 2 small counter tables, a stool, a mirror, and 2 sets of elecrical outlets. Porch had a super cute swing, gas grill, and also had a fire pit with 2 chairs. I thought bugs would be terrible being right on the river, but we just used bug spray and never got a single bite. Also, no bugs in the cabin at all! It is primitive, but afterall, you are CAMPING. We loved it so much we ended up staying another night. I would stay a week if we could!

As far as the campground goes, restrooms were SUPER CLEAN. Showers were clean with hot water, and countertops were always wiped down. I'm a clean freak and huge baby about bugs, and I was very comfortable. They also had a laundry room and a small kitchen area with a toaster oven, sink, dishes. We just used our grill and ate out, but would be convenient if you were there for a long time.

The people in the office were very nice, and even left us our keys and some information in the drop box because we arrived after the office was closed. When we checked out we told them how much we enjoyed the cabin, and they asked if we used trip advisor to please review. Apparently some lady had stayed there and got kicked out for disorderly conduct and has made it her life mission to give this place bad reviews. SO, if you read a terrible review, I would take it with a grain of salt. Would recommend this place for anyone who wants to stay close to town, and be in the outdoors without staying in a tent. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank ashleym725

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were so pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this campground was to stay at! We have stayed at many campgrounds throughout the years and this by far was one of the best. The staff is very warm, friendly and helpful, the amenities are above and beyond what we expected, and just overall our whole family had a great time. We highly recommend staying here!

Rooms
1 Thank DeltaJanelle
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I live on Colorado and do a lot of camping, in state parks, local campgrounds, and in the back country. This location is great, the staff is nice and the amenities are awesome. It's on the Yampa River and the kids can float down as well as fish. We have and are having a great time and I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great camping place to stay in Steamboat Springs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank David D
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family made reservations in May for a week long stay in July. I was given a specific site and confirmation number. I then asked for an email confirmation and the clerk said she didn't know how to do that. I had to call again and finally received one two weeks later. We live 1200 miles away and I wanted to be certain we had a place to stay.

The day before we arrived Amber called me begging me to "help her out" and I would be "saving her life" if I would agree to give up my spot for a less desirable one due to a reservation error. She offered me a 50% discount on my stay if I did so. We turned her down because we wanted to keep 50 amp service. She then called me back and told me she would move me into the site to the right of where we initially reserved. The catch was that we would have to move to another site for the last day of our stay. Amber told me I would still receive the 50% discount for being so inconvenienced. She again told me how grateful she would be to me for switching, that the group who wanted my site were being so difficult etc.

I arrived on schedule and took the site they asked us to. I filled out the registration form appropriately and turned it in. I checked my account balance the next day and learned the entire amount had been debited from my account. I asked at the office and was told Amber was not in, but they would have her call me. She never did.

Later I found Amber in the office and asked if she meant to charge me the full fee. She became very defensive and told me the site I had was identical to the one I reserved and she would not give me any discount. I reminded her of the phone conversation and our agreement. She became snotty and said "you didn't have to move did you?" I again reminded her that my move was at the end of my stay and I didn't have to help her out to begin with. She then yelled "what do you want? Your discount? Fine!!" And I left. My husband asked her why she was so rude to me and she told him I "came in with an attitude" and that if we don't like it we can leave. She then turned her back on him!

Later that evening I received a note in the campsite asking me to acknowledge the number in my party (again) and initial that I'll be charged for everyone over 5 yo. Then another note indicating I will be asked to leave if I continue to be rude to staff!! Then I was told that I would have to move as previously agreed. So the last night we were there, we moved. No one occupied my previous site. That move was done out of spite. Then on e we left, she charged my card another $84 for the extra people in my party. Why don't they charge that upon check in? I don't know. Again, another cowardly act of retaliation. I brought business to them as friends stayed there with us! It's crazy the way she talks to people. Read the other reviews. She is consistently rude.

I have traveled all over the western US with my family and have never been treated so disrespectfully.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Familyroadtrip3

Travellers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Englewood, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are regular visitors to the Steamboat Campground. We come here at least once a season. The facilities are well maintained and clean.

The management is great! I have never had a problem getting in touch with the office. If I leave a message, they return the call within minutes. If we ever have a problem or issue, they take care of it or assist in helping. They try very hard to be sure everyone has an enjoyable time. Sometimes, that means enforcing the quiet hours, which we really appreciate. I see the staff working non-stop. Amber and Bryan, the managers, are ALWAYS working. We have 3 mini-doxies. One evening around 9:00 p.m. we had a coyote near our campsite and we informed Amber and Bryan. They immediately got in their vehicle and went around the entire campground to warn everyone. It is the little things like this that are so much appreciated.

Over the years we have stayed in every area of the campground (not the tent sites). They are all very well maintained. Our favorite spot is near the river, but it does not have sewer hook ups. The river sites have their own fire ring which is wonderful. The sites near the large communal fire pit are great, too, because you have a large grassy area behind the camper.

We've met some of the greatest people at this campground. We look forward to coming back year after year.

We always bring our dogs, and they know this campground better than we do! The tent sites on the other side of the river are really nice, well shaded, and quiet. We usually walk over the bridge to the tent side and let the dogs hang out in the shade and wade in the Yampa River.

Our kids have grown up coming to this campground. The pool and playground have been great fun. They are always well maintained and clean.

The shuttle in to Steamboat Springs is a great perk, too. Sometimes the parking in downtown Steamboat can be hard to come by. It is so easy to get on the shuttle and not have to worry about it!

Being on the river is great too! We go in to town and get in the river with our tubes and float to the campground! Couldn't be more perfect! The water was pretty cold in June, but was great in July. We were there over Father's Day week, and then again July 20 - 26th. Wish we could make another trip there!

I have no problem recommending this campground. It is our FAVORITE!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Burns, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at the Steamboat Campground from July 20th through the 25th, 2013. The staff was always helpful and polite. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. Because we made the reservation originally for the 21st and then decided to come down on the 20th instead we did have to stay in a separate lot for one night and then move, but that is to be expected in a BUSY place. When our other lot was available, the staff personally came to our camper to let us know that it was ready. Although we did not use the on-site pool, I could see that it was kept clean and well maintained. We saw someone there every morning cleaning it. All of the other facilities were also clean. We will be returning to the Steamboat Springs area and when we do, this is the place we WILL stay.

Room Tip: All of the sites are great, but if you can do without sewer, pick a place along the river. We loved...