“So fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works

Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works is a dog sledding tour business located in Steamboat Springs, CO. Family owned and operated by Iditarod Musher, Kris Hoffman and his wife Sara. In business since 1996, we offer both “Learn to Drive” dog sledding tours where we bring you out and teach you how to drive your own team (typically 2 people/sled with one starting as the driver and 1 being the passenger and then switching half way around the trail) or “Guide Driven” tours where we drive the sleds for you and you can just sit back and relax and enjoy the beautiful Colorado mountains at the speed of dog. Our 12.5mile backcountry trail is located on a private ranch just west of Steamboat. Our pristine (groomed) trail snakes through Colorado’s mountainous ranch country traversing over ridgelines, through canyons, open meadows, and everything in-between. Views include the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, Sleeping Giant, The Zirkles, The Steamboat Ski Area, the Valley and much more...with the occasional spotting of wildlife!
Charlotte
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“So fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The sledding takes place in the serene Flattop Mountains. The dogs are Alaskan Huskies and love affection. We spent some time loving on them then harnessed them and the staff hooked them up to the sled. They gave us a quick 'driving' lesson and we were off! The dogs love their job and are clearly well trained if all we need is a quick driving lesson. It was a beautiful 5 mile loop through the forest. Each dog has such a different personality and you can see it as they run! Staff is wonderful, dogs are great. As written before, they are loved and cared for. Great time!

Parker, Colorado
“Loved our sledding experience - five of our dogs had Itidarod experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

You know the dogs love it when they start going nuts when the staff who are going to harness them up for their sleds walk out of the building. The dogs were so friendly, the staff was great and the scenery was spectacular!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Loved this experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a huge dog/outdoors lover, so I have always wanted to try Dogsledding. I am certainly glad I had my first experience with Grizzle-T. It exceeded my expectations on every level. Mainly I loved that every dog I met was happy and well loved and cared for. The staff seems to know every dog by name and personality. I have friends who tried other companies in other areas, and they hardly had any time on the actual sled. It was fun knowing that the dogs were enjoying the day as much as I was!

Rockport, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome - incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Though a little bit anxious about driving the sled, I decided to be adventurous and go for it! So glad I did. The dogs are having a great time doing what they love - being one with them while guiding the sled (actually just hanging on) was just wonderful. Afterward we got to visit with/love on our team. A fantastic experience and I will do it again.

Visited January 2014

Houston, Texas
“Great dog sledding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This was our favorite Steamboat activity. The dogs were very friendly and excited to run us through the beautiful forest. All the extra gear was free and appreciated. The brief lessons were all we needed to learn to drive our own sleds. All the instructors were great with us and the dogs. A trip not to be forgotten, and certainly to be included in any Steamboat adventure.