“Worth the cost!”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Laramie, Wyoming
“Worth the cost!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Steamboat is one of my favorite places to go and The Steamboat Grand is my favorite place to stay while there. If you book early you can get room discounts.

The hot tubs are great after a long day of skiing! The rooms are clean and very nice. The lobby is beautiful, especially during or around Christmas when it is decorated for the holidays.

I love the Grand! We stay every year on our annual family trip to Steamboat.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Grand is one of the major hotels at the base of the mountain- across the street from the ski area and the Sheraton. This is a very large hotel with an attractive lodge motif. The decor and appearance are in line with a 4 start hotel as is most of the services and some of the amenities. The location is great for skiing, but average at best if you want access to the downtown area- about 10 minutes drive. We received very good service from valet, bell, housekeeping and front desk staff. The hotel has a full set of public amenities ( spa, pool, fitness center,etc) but lacks any selection of restaurant or lounge offerings. One pretty average restaurant / lounge and one coffee bar feels too limited for a destination 4 star resort of this size- so we went to town where fortunately there are many offerings or you could cross the street to the Sheraton and the ski area. The hotel has large conferencing facilities,which were active during our entire stay. Our room was medium sized with a large ensuite. It featured a deck and fireplace with a king bed and modest furnishings- all attractively decorated. The bed and linens were very good, toiletries were excellent, but towels were medium weight and tiny ( too tiny for this quality house). Internet is complementary ( thank you!) as were daily newspapers, excellent in- room coffee service ( Seattle's Best); medium sized flatscreen TV with DVD player and tons of channels. The lobby computer dedicated to printing airline boarding passes is a nice touch! We were with a larger group and received favorable rates- thus the very good value rating- would move to average rating with currently quoted on line rates. Good enough house at the right rate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnacoTraveler
COLO
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The staff was very helpful and extremely attentive. We had a king condo, which was very roomy and gave us 2 bathrooms! Pool was a little crowded and could use some more umbrellas. Spa was wonderful, the manager was so helpful. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was very good. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Big complex. Very long walk to my room. Large room but very basic. Small window that wont open and can't even raise the blinds. Only two small pictures on the wall. Good location but very basic and feels cheap.

• Stayed August 2011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I spent one night at the Steamboat Grand in early June 2012 with two friends while running a marathon in Steamboat. We shared a one bedroom condo and we were impressed with the size of the unit and loved the fireplace. We arrived early and were able to check-in right away and they were also very accommodating about our schedule for the race day. When we used the sink in the kitchen the pipe under the sink was leaking. We called the front desk and maintenance was there within ten minutes and had it fixed within five minutes. We used the shuttles to get to/from downtown Steamboat. We would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I went to Steamboat to celebrate our anniversary and stayed at the Steamboat Grand. We had stayed there before and since that was a good experience we thought we'd try it again. It was, once again, a lovely experience!

The staff was courteous and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel was able to happily accommodate our early arrival and our room was beautiful. I wish the staff from the Beaver Creek Ritz Carlton would come here to learn how to treat a customer, they could learn a lot from the Steamboat Grand.

My only caveat to the whole experience and the reason it didn't get the full 5 stars is upon checking out I wanted the stay to be charged to my debit card and I gave it to the receptionist, but the bill remained on my credit card and not my debit card. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to pay cash for the stay and the bill remained on my credit card instead of my debit card.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week here. On the way home, he said "book us for next year." The hotel is beautiful, the staff super friendly and helpful and the food - eventhough the restaurant was only open for breakfast, I'm still dreaming about those pancakes! I would highly recommend The Steamboat Grand to anyone going to Steamboat Springs. It really is "grand."

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple