“Best guides in Steamboat”

Bucking Rainbow Outfitters
Denver, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best guides in Steamboat”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very friendly organization with a competent staff. Three men in our family took the 1/2 day fly fishing trip. The guide, Scott, was excellent. He knew the area well, and made sure they got the full amount of time on the river for fishing. He showed them the right spots to cast and made sure each guy caught a bevy of fish (all catch and release, of course). The price for the half-day trip was certainly worth it. My husband said he is planning to do this again.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Incredible Memories Made”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

One of my dreams was to go fly fishing...I kept waiting to go with a guy, simply because it seems like the right thing to do with a guy. Well, I decided to stop waiting and booked a trip with one of my friends that is a gal. Bucking Rainbow was the perfect place to go! Our guide was knowledgeable, patient and understood how to coach us through our first fly fishing adventure. I am eager to go back. This adventure was worth every penny!

Visited July 2012
kansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“professional staff, super fun white water rafting”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

During the first week of August, my family, ten of us ranging in age from 15-53 years, took the Cross Mountain rafting trip with Bucking Rainbow Outfitters. This is an all day trip, starting with a 90 minute drive to the put in on the lower Yampa river. Another family of 5 joined our group. We had 3 rafts total, with a guide and 5 people in each raft. This is a class IV+ trip, so it is not for the faint at heart. However, if you are fairly strong and can follow directions well, and quickly, this is a beautiful and exciting trip. Our guides were very experienced, professional, and fun! At the beginning of our trip we saw a bald eagle! We floated the canyon, through several sets of exciting rapids and then had a well earned and good lunch, followed by more white water. At the end of our trip, we pulled over over just before exiting the canyon and had an opportunity to jump from a 30' high ledge into the river.
This is not my first white water rafting trip. In fact, I have done the cross mountain twice before, several years ago, with another outfitter. This was the best raft trip ever! We were fortunate that this river was running late this year due to the extensive late snow fall.
We have been going to Steamboat for nearly 30 years and our trip through cross mountain may have made this our best summer yet.

Visited August 2011
Wyandotte, OK
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great whitewater rafting trip”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The Bucking Rainbow shop is full of local decor, clothes.. pricey but beauitful things. We had a group of 9, ranging from 5 year olds to 37 year olds, and all of us had a great time. We decided to do the all day tour of the CO river, which included lunch and transport to and from the river, about 90 minutes from Steamboat Springs. Our guide was friendly, professional and I felt completely safe, even going through rapids. (I have a strong fear of canoeing etc.) Lunch was sandwiches,(with lettuce, tomato, etc available) chips, water bottles, and brownies. If you're in Steamboat and want a longer trip than the Yampa, I highly recommend Bucking Rainbow.

Visited July 2011