“In an emergency only!”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Estes Park, Colorado
“In an emergency only!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The room smelled horrible, the beds were saggy and uncomfortable, and the decor was 50 years old. It was a long 8 hours through the night. The only positive thing was the first hot shower in days. But keep driving and don't stop here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kryan22016

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I went here at the end of feb 2013 on my way to jackson hole and was looking for something affordable for two days so i could ski steamboat. Let me just start by sying that the owner(guy with a foreign accent) was one of the ruddest hotel owners that i have ever met in my whole life of traveling(i've traveled a lot. All i did to upset him was walk in and ask if i could see a room before paying. He refused and would not even talk to me. I think its quite standard that one may want to see a room when looking at staying at a budget hotel. I had heard bad reviews so i just wanted to check.

For a much nicer option thats in a similare price range i would reccommend the alpiner Lodge which is also down town. The owner there is very friendly and the rooms are clean and a good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Babybushlodge

Travellers are raving about these Steamboat Springs hotels

Reviewed 26 January 2013

The rooms smell awful. The owner with the accent is an amazingly horrible, mean, and bigoted individual. he denied my disabled partner's entry into the room because he uses a service dog--we had papers-- and refused to return our deposit. We ended up having to call the cops to get our money back. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank Backpackette
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed here two nights in July, 2012. Reserved the room because it was cheap. We weren't expecting much but when we walked into the room, I began to relive motel stays from the 60's and 70's, only everything was from that time at present time! Old, old, smelly, dirty...it became humerous for us. Immediately, I pulled back the covers on the bed and inspected. Sheets were yard-sale quality and worse. Long black hair in the bed, sheets stained, blanket had stains. The quilt was old with a pattern that didn't show stain until we turned it over....gross yellow-ringed stains. The bathroom was dirty, toilet had not been cleaned (yellow dried drops on edge of bowl. Dried drops of whatever at base of bowl on floor, hair in bathtub. TV was from the 70's, attached to bracket on wall and the screen was layered with dust. Two old vinyl-covered chairs from the 70's. Carpet was old, needed a shampooing.

I called the owner and asked for clean bedding. She did come and change the bed sheets. She told me that the original sheets were clean but sometimes the hair doesn't get washed off! She assured me the quilt and blanket were clean. Oh, I forgot to mention the pillows! We had two pillows. Now, picture yourself back in 1970 with new solid foam pillows (the yellow foam and crumbled with time). Oh yes, we had pillows that were so old, the foam was crumbled and lumpy. And the pillow covers also had stains (I know for sure Salvation Army would not accept these pillows if donated).
We drove to WalMart, bought new cheap pillows, a couple of pillow cases, spray disinfectant, towels and paper towels.

I have stayed at motels that used old things from the 70's before. Loved the experience. Rooms were clean, smelled clean. But this room was the absolute worse experience I had ever had. Amazingly, at night, it was quiet. The air conditioner ran but the temperature was outside temperature....thermostat was broken.

The man was crude, thought himself as funny. I complained to the woman working at the desk about his lucid remarks he made when I made the reservation over the phone, that he was a creepy pervert with a strange sense of humor. She informed me the man was her husband. Oops....
The laundry room was filthy, just filled with big balls of dust in the corners. Unbelievable!
And finally, one cool thing? The vending Coke machine was from the 70's...I was surprised it hadn't been stolen. Had to be worth something...lol.

Room Tip: If you are traveling by car, bring your own bedding, cleaner and you should be fine for the price.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat T
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The bathroom is moldy and grose. Everything in the room dates back to the 70's. Way out dated! Dusty. Smells awful. Scared to even sleep in the bed. Do NOT stay here unless you are stranded in a snow storm and its the only place vacant. AWFUL!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank lala2257
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This place should be condemned. No amenities. Absolutely filthy and smells terrible. I'm seriously considering just taking the loss and renting another room or sleeping in the car. Yes its really that bad!!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Guyshin
earth
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Owner Peter was friendly, was helpful about things to do while in Steamboat and where to go. Room was nice and warm and very clean, bed was comfortable, room came with a firdge ( bonus), Grat Value for a expensive town in the middle of winter. Thanks for the stay Peter

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo