“Loved Carl's! Came for the music, will come back for "just" Carl's!”
Review of Carl's Tavern

Carl's Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Carl's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th
Description: A place for the hungry. The thirsty. The legendary.Some people actually think the Wright Brothers perfected human flight. Around here, we all know better. Carl Howelsen turned Steamboat into a playground, skis into wings, and mustaches into an art form. His adventurous spirit is our inspiration - and Carl’s Tavern is a place for adventurous spirits to call home. Here, the hospitality is genuine, the beer is cold, and the food is made from scratch. So come as you are, make yourself at home, and share a few of your own legendary stories. Just don’t try to one-up Carl; you’ll hurt yourself.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My first time in Steamboat was yesterday! Came for work but intentionally to see Cody Canada, who was at Carl's last night. The concert was fabulous of course BUT Carl's was an AMAZING surprise as we only originally chose it due to the concert. The service was spectacular. I honestly can't even begin to explain the above and beyond Gratzia (apology on the spelling), the hostess was in accommodating us to a great location for concert viewing. Bartenders were outstanding and attentive, our server was wonderful and made great suggestions as we'd never been there. The owner, Collin, made a special attempt to welcome us personally, thank us for coming, and share his "Kansas Hometown" views on why he love Steamboat for his family. Oh, and did I mention that the menu was eclectic, local, vast, and our dinner was INCREDIBLE! My personal favorite... The Shrimp & Grits! We chose Carl's due to Cody Canada...we'll be back for future work trips and when we are we will visit Carl's just for Carl's!! THANKS FOR ALL!!! :)

1  Thank Allie W

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The place was not crowded at all (mid-day lunch) but they sat us (3) at a small table literally 5 feet from the entryway so we were cramped and had people walking by us constantly. The server asked if I wanted lemon in my iced tea, I said no. She brought it with lemon anyway. There were no condiments on the table at all so I asked for some sugar packets. She never brought any. (Come on Laura, pay attention to detail. I know you have other tables but remembering what people say or ask for is important.)

Never asked if we needed refills.

Food was good, but a bit overpriced for lunch time meal. Probably would go back, but with the variety of options in Steamboat Springs this wouldn't be my first choice.

1  Thank P H
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

All of the food was fantastic, service was superb and the draft beer selection was the best that we've seen here.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lively tavern atmosphere, but not rowdy. Food and service were good. The meatloaf was exceptionally good, however it did not come with any sides. I had to spend an additional $6 to get a vegetable that was enough for 3 people. A little ridiculous. The pot roast my husband had was also very good and did come with vegetables as a pot roast should. The meal my brother ordered was unfortunately burned, but the server did come to the table and tell us our meal would be delayed and why. That was appreciated.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had dinner with the family and really enjoyed a great meal. We tried the hot wings and oysters, which were very good. For dinner, we had the meatloaf, artichokes, salmon, burger and ribs. The food is freshly made and it is clear that this family owned place makes up many of their own recipes and sauces. Kudos to the chef!