“The best deal in Steamboat”

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I am a Marriott man through and through but stayed with a group of friends who are Diamond members with Hilton. I will now only stay at Hilton Hotels. Let me just say that the Hampton Inn is the way to go if you are going to Steamboat. Great rates, great room, and the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. If you are going for skiing they have a free shuttle that takes you straight to Ski Square and picks you back up. A great hot breakfast every morning, doggie bags if you are running late in morning, fresh baked cookies at the end of day. Chris and Clay took care of us and were awesome and really seem to care about customer service. The hotel is located right on the main strip and you are a one minute drive to downtown. This is the place to stay!!

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank PS069979
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, We appreciate your comments and do believe we are a great value when staying in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a great day!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2008

I came to this Hampton Inn with high hopes even after reading the reviews here. When I checked in to the hotel they had given my room to someone but they gave me a free upgrade to a larger room. They had been painting the hallways and it nearly gagged with with the toxic fumes. There should of been large fans blowing to mix up the air. Got into the room and it did appear to be clean but old and worn conditions. I took a shower, bathroom smelled of wet mold. When showering, the water did not drain and I had to stand in about 6 inches of soapy muck water. The bed was comfortable, thank goodness. Coffee tasted good and the staff did what they could for the situation. I eventually contacted Hampton Inn on my return home and they did give me a full refund for the poor room.
I would not recommend this hotel to my friends nor would I stay her again. The lobby was nicely decorated.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy K
Hamptonsteamboat, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2008

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. As the new owners of the Hotel, we are completing a $1,500,000 remodel including new carpet, new wallpaper, fresh paint, complete bathroom refurbishment, expanded High Speed Internet service for faster speeds, new 32' HDTV's with movies on demand and the complete redesign of our lobby. We are doing our very best to limit any disruptions to our guests during this time and as always stand by the 100% Hampton Guarantee in which we happily refunded your stay.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again and experience our brand new Hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2008

I have stayed at this Hampton 3 times now, and each time has been wonderful. It is a great location - right in the middle of the Mountain Village and the downtown area. The hotel is really nice, clean and has a great view. The staff is very nice. I have nothing bad to say and I will stay there again on my next visit. I was there for business, and the internet was great, too. Love the breakfast in the morning.

If you are looking for some good places to eat, the staff at the front desk will be helpful. I would suggest the following places:

Freshies (right by the hotel on the frontage road - awesome for breakfast and lunch!)
Blue Sage Pizza (delivery)
The Tap House
The Cantina
Mazzola's Italian

I love Steamboat - it is a wonderful place and the Hampton is my spot!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2008

This hotel is run down, needs new carpet, new paint, is located on a busy highway (noisy at night on one side of hotel and the walls are thin), the bathrooms smell of mold and mildew. Housekeeping forgot to clean our room. I called to ask for towels and they never arrived. Most other Hamptons I have stayed in are quite nice, but this place is a dump and the staff is very unresponsive, unhelpful, poor customer service.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Annebelle
Reviewed 8 April 2008

This Hampton Inn is without a doubt one of the worst I have stayed at, and I stay at alot of Hamptons,(130 nights last year). This hotel should loose its Hampton affiliation. The staff was unfriendly, uncaring, and unresponsive. The hotel common areas were dirty, the parking had big pot holes in it. The worst problem is the hotel is less than 100 feet from a set of railroad tracks, the trains would come by between 12 midnight and 2 am and then between 5.30 and 6 am so forget about getting a good nights sleep. The ceiling and walls had very poor patch jobs on some holes and the walls were dirty. The smoke detector made beeping sounds every 60 seconds,I complained about this and was told they allready knew about this and that maintence would fix it the next day. Didn't happen. The pool was dirty, the hottubs had so many bubbles in them it looked like someone had dumped soap in them. The mag key lock on our door would work aboyut every fifth time. I tried to find another hotel but it was Spring Break.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank dantillweed
Reviewed 31 March 2008

This is a nice hotel overall. Clean rooms and good staff. Great continental breakfast. My only complaint would be about the proximity to the train. Fortunately, I was only awakened once during the night. The property is located close to the hot springs and downtown restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2008

People taking extended stays at major ski resorts like Steamboat often opt for the ubiquitous condominium accommodations. But if you’re in town for just a few days and need some modern accommodations at a reasonable price, consider the Hampton Inn.

The Hampton Inn is neither in the ski mountain village nor in the original downtown. It is between the two meaning it’s less costly than the skiing convenience of the village and much newer than the down town has-been’s. The biggest disadvantage is that getting to restaurants requires a car.

The property has plentiful the amenities requisite of skier accommodation: hot tubs, ski storage area, and laundry facilities. There’s an un-crowded shuttle bus to the ski area twice an hour that is more convenient and quicker than what many ski village properties are able to offer. There’s a hearty buffet breakfast each morning with enough tasty variety that one can ski all morning. And there’s free wireless internet should you need to remain in communication.

Check in has been efficient and error free during our two stays. The property is clean and in excellent condition.

Stayed: January 2008