“The Hampton Inn was gracious, generous and a wonderful experience.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs

Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Overland Park , Kansas
“The Hampton Inn was gracious, generous and a wonderful experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

They were very customer driven.....the food was good at the Breakfast bar....the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean.....attractive facility....would stay there again in a heartbeat...Gloria Shelton

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 16 March 2010
Thank you so much for your review and your great comments. The staff and I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Have a great day!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2009

My husband and I caught the final week of Steamboat ski season and stayed here on his Hilton points. We got a free upgrade to a suite and the hotel was nearly empty (I love traveling in the off season!) The breakfast is great for a quick bite before you hit the slopes, beds are comfy and the hot tubs are sooo relaxing afterwards! I will say that the nearby train is loud, so bring ear plugs. It only passed us once in the middle of the night, the rest of the occasions were during the day. This place is a great value and is super convenient to everything. We enjoyed it and would stay here again for sure!

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and comments. It is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2009

It's been my experience that it's hard to find a good value-priced hotel in Steamboat Springs, but the Hampton Inn and Suites was definitely a hit. We booked the 1 king/2 twin room for our family of 4. The place was clean, service was great, breakfast was hot and well-stocked. I've suffered rude service at the Fairfield Inn, unclean rooms and pathetic free "breakfast" at La Quinta, both in Steamboat, so it was a relief to find such a pleasant experience at Hampton Inn. This is a nice place.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. We do believe that we are the best value in Steamboat Springs. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

I am a Marriott man through and through but stayed with a group of friends who are Diamond members with Hilton. I will now only stay at Hilton Hotels. Let me just say that the Hampton Inn is the way to go if you are going to Steamboat. Great rates, great room, and the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. If you are going for skiing they have a free shuttle that takes you straight to Ski Square and picks you back up. A great hot breakfast every morning, doggie bags if you are running late in morning, fresh baked cookies at the end of day. Chris and Clay took care of us and were awesome and really seem to care about customer service. The hotel is located right on the main strip and you are a one minute drive to downtown. This is the place to stay!!

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank PS069979
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, We appreciate your comments and do believe we are a great value when staying in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aurora, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2008

I came to this Hampton Inn with high hopes even after reading the reviews here. When I checked in to the hotel they had given my room to someone but they gave me a free upgrade to a larger room. They had been painting the hallways and it nearly gagged with with the toxic fumes. There should of been large fans blowing to mix up the air. Got into the room and it did appear to be clean but old and worn conditions. I took a shower, bathroom smelled of wet mold. When showering, the water did not drain and I had to stand in about 6 inches of soapy muck water. The bed was comfortable, thank goodness. Coffee tasted good and the staff did what they could for the situation. I eventually contacted Hampton Inn on my return home and they did give me a full refund for the poor room.
I would not recommend this hotel to my friends nor would I stay her again. The lobby was nicely decorated.

• Liked — The coffee
  • Disliked — nasty bathtub
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wendy K
Hamptonsteamboat, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 22 November 2008
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. As the new owners of the Hotel, we are completing a $1,500,000 remodel including new carpet, new wallpaper, fresh paint, complete bathroom refurbishment, expanded High Speed Internet service for faster speeds, new 32' HDTV's with movies on demand and the complete redesign of our lobby. We are doing our very best to limit any disruptions to our guests during this time and as always stand by the 100% Hampton Guarantee in which we happily refunded your stay.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again and experience our brand new Hotel.
Lake Geneva, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

I have stayed at this Hampton 3 times now, and each time has been wonderful. It is a great location - right in the middle of the Mountain Village and the downtown area. The hotel is really nice, clean and has a great view. The staff is very nice. I have nothing bad to say and I will stay there again on my next visit. I was there for business, and the internet was great, too. Love the breakfast in the morning.

If you are looking for some good places to eat, the staff at the front desk will be helpful. I would suggest the following places:

Freshies (right by the hotel on the frontage road - awesome for breakfast and lunch!)
Blue Sage Pizza (delivery)
The Tap House
The Cantina
Mazzola's Italian

I love Steamboat - it is a wonderful place and the Hampton is my spot!

• Liked — The rooms and the view - also the hot tub is awesome!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2008

This hotel is run down, needs new carpet, new paint, is located on a busy highway (noisy at night on one side of hotel and the walls are thin), the bathrooms smell of mold and mildew. Housekeeping forgot to clean our room. I called to ask for towels and they never arrived. Most other Hamptons I have stayed in are quite nice, but this place is a dump and the staff is very unresponsive, unhelpful, poor customer service.

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — codtion of the room and poor staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Annebelle