“do the Bumper boats-cars”
Review of Howelsen Ice Arena

Howelsen Ice Arena
More attraction details
Owner description: Howelsen Ice Arena has ice skating and is the only Colorado ice arena with Bumper Cars on ice! Regardless of age, interest, or skill level, Howelsen Ice Arena's Olympic size ice arena can accommodate your needs. From figure skating to hockey leagues, broomball to bumper cars, birthday parties to hockey tournaments, private rentals to public skating sessions, Howelsen Ice Arena has something for everyone.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The only place where I driven a bumper boat type vehicle on the ice rink. family had a blast as you get to drive on the ice rink for about 20 minutes

3  Thank Rich D
There are newer reviews for Howelsen Ice Arena

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Lots of ice skating space and the ice bumper cars are fun. There are coupons in the local coupon book to help families out.

2  Thank GEORGE S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

There are coupons available for a small discount but be sure to present them while you are buying the tickets because once the process the transaction, that coupon is no good. considering, it was a reasonable fee to skate for one hour and then ride bumper cars for 20 min. I have a bad knee so I had a little bit of a predicament about how to get into the car as you need to sit low in the tube. But once in, the laughter didn't stop until we were told the ride was over. Fortunately, I had my husband and grandson to pull me out after the ride so not recommended for someone who cannot climb out of a tube on the ground. The ice is rough and your ears vibrate but that just adds to the fun. I would do it again if I had my grandson and husband with me again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The ice wasn't groomed at all and the cars were bumpy. My kids companies of headaches and their legs hurt. The staff was rude and unorganized

2  Thank Hannahlikestheocean
Winnie D, Guest Relations Manager at Howelsen Ice Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I am really sorry that you had a bad experience at the Howelsen Ice Arena. It is definitely not normal for our ice to be in bad condition or for the staff to be disorganized and rude. We work hard to ensure that we have great ice - our staff uses the zamboni multiple times each day to ensure a smooth skating/bumping surface and I apologize that you did not have that experience. The City has undertaken a service excellence initiative, and we will follow up with ice arena staff to ensure that all guests are treated well each and every time they visit the ice arena.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Kids (9 and 10) and I did this on a day off from skiing and had a lot of fun. Very friendly staff as well. Only disappointment was that we wanted to do it again but the cars were done for the day and were not coming out again until the weekend. We were told that the cars are hard on the ice so they don't do them every day. Very fun activity.

1  Thank Stacey A