“Can't beat the location for the price.”

Gondola Square Condominiums
Minneapolis, MN
“Can't beat the location for the price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had GSQ34. A little dated, and one bed was so squeaky the kids were relegated to it and I jammed the bed cover down between the wall and headboard to shut it up. The maids only come every other day, and we were there for a week, and they failed to restock the TP, so I had to call Mountain Resorts the last night for an emergency delivery. But I really consider those things pretty minor. I was there to ski, and when you are steps from the gondola, it makes it easy. Kind of a bummer that the pool available to us was downtown. We only went once, the slides were a blast, but my wife claims she saw boogers in the water (I suspect what she saw was a side effect of the hot springs), So we only went once. There is a nice kitchen, so we'd throw something in the crock pot in the morning, then have it for dinner. Bathrooms and lunch are a giant pain in the butt to get on the hill, the crowds are just too crazy, so it's nice to have a condo so handy to eat and have a leisurely bathroom break. The skiing was AMAZING. Snow every other day, and bright sun every other day. Perfect. Morningside is a BLAST with powder. Bummer that they only offer one parking space. There were plenty empty ones.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nursecarmen

Couples
Solo
Business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I was a little concerned when I booked my stay at the Gondola Square Condo's because there was only one review on the place, and it was somewhat negative.

I must say I was extremely happy with this place. When I went to get my key from Mountain Resorts and they explained how to get to the condo, basically, you drive down that runs behind where the buses drop off skiers, and you park in the garage which is basically under the Gondola Square area.... so as I said, you park in the "Bowels of Steamboat". Take an elevator up to the third floor, walk up and then down a flight of stairs, and you are at the entry to the hallway for Gondola Square Condos. My room had a mountain view.

It's hard to explain how close to the gondola you really are... but you are close. Even with ski's/boots it's like a 2-3 minute walk from your door to the gondola. If you have been on a ski trip where you have to lug kids, carry kids skis, deal with shuttles and everything else... it's nice being close.

The condo itself is a little dated. It had 2 flat screen TV's (which did not work for the first 2 days until COMCAST came out to fix it). There is a spiral staircase that goes upstairs where the two queen and two twin beds were. It's not easy getting a suitcase upstairs. It's not even easy getting yourself upstairs. The separate bedroom upstairs has a low ceiling and even a 9 year old cat knock his head on the giant support beam.

All that being said, the condo was very clean and comfortable... and I would definitely stay here again without a doubt. In fact, unless my budget changed where I could afford dropping 5 grand on lodging alone on a ski trip, this is going to be my only choice in steamboat. There really is no place better for the money.

One other downside, the condo can be a little loud, especially after a snow. We received about 6 inches of snow one night at I was awoken at 3AM to the sounds of snow blowers, scrapes of shovels along the concrete, and I think some avalanche blasting. You are extremely close, and as such, there is some activities going on around you at times.... but still worth it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family