“Tubing was great”

Howelsen Hill Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Howelsen Hill, Steamboat's best city park, has alpine, snowboarding, nordic skiing and ski jumping in the winter, and an alpine slide, hiking, biking, summer ski jumping, ball fields, tennis, and horseback riding in the summer. The Steamboat Pro Rodeo is at Howelsen Hill June through August on Friday and Saturday nights. Howelsen Hill is Colorado’s oldest continuously operated ski area, since 1915, and has the largest and most complete natural ski jumping complex in North America. Howelsen has been the training ground for more than 89 Olympians making over 151 Winter Olympic appearances, 15 members of the Colorado Ski Hall of Fame, and 6 members of the National Ski Hall of Fame. Howelsen Hill was recently acknowledged as a "Pioneer Ski Resort" by the International Skiing History Association and the Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum and Hall of Fame.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Have been here a couple of times, best experience this time for tubing. Not crowded (although reservation needed), probably rode 10X over the course of an hour. Safe, fun, great for kids, with friendly people. Convenient to downtown.

Winnie D, Guest Relations Manager at Howelsen Hill Ski Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Good to read that the hill wasn't crowded this time. Thank you for coming back to have some fun with us!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband & I went here for adage. You have to make reservations ahead of time. We found coupons in town. It's right in the middle of town so it was easy to get to. The kids working there are friendly & made it more enjoyable. Sam & Connor were at the top of the hill and really made it fun. They would spin the tube as they let go or if you told them not to they wouldn't. My husband & I felt like teenagers on a date. It was so much fun. The hour flew by. They moving sidewalk made bringing the tube back to the top easy. The hardest thing about tubing was jumping off the moving sidewalk. You have to give this a try!

1  Thank Florida B

What a great review. Thank you. We're ecstatic to read we helped you feel like kids again. Woo-hoo!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

either summer or winter there is always fun to be had at howelsen!!!! dogs, horses, bikes, skis, whatever your hobby howelsen hill is there to have fun on!!! TownChallenge!!!!!!

Yep... you covered just about everything. Thanks for the post.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We didn't want to go tubing at first because we thought it would be a waste of money & time. Why go tubing, when you could go skiing, right? It wasn't. We had so much fun the first time we went, that we have made it a part of every trip we take to Steamboat. It only lasts an hour, but I have never laughed so hard in my life. We have taken friends and other family members ( even Meme and Baw Paw), and had the times of our lives. It is the only activity that everyone from toddler to grand parent can do together! It's worth the money and the time. But get there early and by your tickets in advance. I have been late before and only gotten to tube for 20 minutes, and I have had to wait until the following day in order to tube because I didn't reserve my tix in advance.

That's so nice to hear. We're happy to know that our facility was a place you could bring the whole family together.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've never used the area for skiing, but I've been to the Steamboat Free Concert Series at the base and have seen Rusted Root, G Love, And many other amazing bands! I just rode a bunch of the trails up there this summer. Beautiful riding, great views, inter-twining trails made for 2 wonderful days of mountain biking!

Our trails are quite extensive and we try to add new ones whenever we can. Definitely enough to make 2 days of riding a pure thrill. Thank you!