“Funky and unusual”

Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a from scratch, farm-focused restaurant bringing you hand-crafted cuisine using carefully sourced products from local and regional farms and ranches whenever possible. Our chef and staff are passionate about the ever growing local movement.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The ambience of this restaurant is definitely not "ski resort". Its outside terrace is lovely since it's on the river and the inside is cozy, small, quiet, and funky. I loved my salad trifecta which is a plate with three salads of your choice. It was huge and delicious. Our server looked more like a ski bum but he was very friendly, helpful, and efficient so don't judge that book by its cover. The bread on my daughter's sandwich was stale which is unfortunate but she has ordered it before and said it was fabulous. I think like most restaurants in Steamboat this place can be uneven. We had a good experience and I'll go back.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place is right on the Yampa River and some of those places come and go, but these folks emphasize the natural, the fresh and the local. We ate inside because it was raining, but the food, service and drinks were great. Yumbilicious fish special! Crates of fresh produce up front do enhance the perception of whole foods. We had two kids with us and they were just as happy as the adults. Especially since they also got to throw rocks in the river.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went on Labor day to check it out, after seeing their happy hour menu displayed outside the restaurant. Sat down immediately outside in front of the creek, which was really nice, Then waited....and waited....for water? Considered leaving then, but decided to wait because they had some sliders on their happy hour menu that looked good. Took a fair amount of time for our waiter to come, and then we went to go order off of the happy hour menu that was on our table....and they told us that they weren't doing it today, that it shouldn't have been on the table, and that 'if we have a problem with that....', Wow, we should have left right then, but stayed for drinks and shared a sandwich. The sandwich was okay, nothing really mind blowing. And the drinks were really pretty expensive as well. All in all, I wish we would have left when it took around 15 minutes to get water. I am sure there were better, friendlier places in Steamboat that we could have eaten in.

SweetPeaMarket, Owner at Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Sorry to hear your experience at Sweet Pea Restaurant was negative. We take reviews seriously and we appreciate your review.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Recommended by a local, we tried it out. I had the ham and Swiss ($11) and garlic fries (another $2!). The local ham was tasteless and fatty (even had to spit some out--too grisly). Fries were good. My wife's hamburger was dry and bland too. her "natural salad" was greens with a splash of oil and vinegar--kind of like rabbit food. Including tip, it was over $32 (and we didn't even buy drinks!). I've had better sandwiches and burgers at Port O' Subs and Wendy's. For half the price. Okay, we sat by a river. I guess it's about location, location, location. I wouldn't go back or recommend it.

Thank you for your feedback. We take all reviews seriously. We have a new beef purveyor, 5280 Beef. Again thanks for bringing that to my attention. I am glad you enjoyed the river front deck.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Terrible service, and they weren't that busy. Veggie & fish entree were very good. People in our group really liked the burgers. Nice drink choices. Unfortunately, service was so poor & mismatched to what they are trying to pull off. Probably won't return.

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously. It was very helpful to hear that the server was not doing his job. We strive to improve Sweet Pea Restaurant.
-Katherine