“Stay away from this place”
Review of Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant - CLOSED

Sweet Pea Market and Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a from scratch, farm-focused restaurant bringing you hand-crafted cuisine using carefully sourced products from local and regional farms and ranches whenever possible. Our chef and staff are passionate about the ever growing local movement.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Freinds and I are in town for a few days. Stopped tonight to have dinner. Happy hour was a disaster, beer was warm and the service was terrible. We should have walked away at that point but we decided to stay. We tried to order a bison burger but they were out. We were the first ones to order since we arrived at 5:10pm. We could not order until 5:30. I ordered the half chicken and I can honestly say I have had better at KFC. My wife had thw trout tocos and the fish was terrible. Lastly when we gave then our card it was not returned to us and we had to ask for it. Stay away unless you like warm beer, mariginal overpriced food and lousy service. I would not make these statments unless I had experienced this type of food and service. I have eaten in resteraunts all over the world and this one just made the bottom of my list. Warm beer, lousey food and terrible service. What a way to attract customers.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Sat in the bar at the back and had a couple of drinks after a morning spent shopping. The bar tender was super friendly and helpful in recommending beers etc. Nice atmosphere, lovely setting (by the water) and well worth a visit.

We didn't eat, but the food we saw on other tables looked very nice! Had we stayed in Steamboat longer, this would certainly have been on our list for a return ...

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Sat right by the river, eating top quality home cooked food. Service was a little slow but the food was worth the wait. Sesame seed calamari was a particular high point!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We should have turned around when we realized the guy taking our names was a guest at the restaurant. They were slammed at 8:30 on a weekday night. However, as we were about to go elsewhere, a host appeared and escorted us to our table.
After a slow recovery our server Morgan took our order, some time later our food arrived. The smoked trout tacos were dry and somewhat flavorless. The same could be said for the roasted chicken. Tacos were topped with veggie pickle which were crunchy but bland. A little spicy pico de gallo would be a good addition.
My friend's chicken was nothing to write home about, although adequate. A very large portion which easily could have fed two was dry and bland as well. The heirloom veggies were tasty but, again, a bit boring, as was the natural "jus". Some rosemary, thyme, and garlic would be appreciated.
Our server Morgan was very nice and competent. She took good care of us even though she was slammed.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We enjoyed our evening at Sweet Pea's. We sat on the river patio. In spite of a brief rain storm, Jill, our waitress, took excellent care of us. The pace of dining was slower than we expected, but we decided to enjoy the cool evening, the excellent meal, and the beautiful setting. All in all, a lovely experience.