“Sunset Happy Hour is the Best Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Steamboat Gondola

Steamboat Gondola
Orlando, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Sunset Happy Hour is the Best Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were a little surprised at the $25 price tag for the gondola, but found out they offer a sunset price of $12 that includes a $5 off coupon for food and drinks at the top. We chose a night that had live entertainment and had a lovely time listening to the music, eating and watching the sunset. It was a popular entertainer, so we had to line up for the gondola about 5:30 PM. It was very crowded at the top at first, but cleared out before sunset. We also did not realize there was different food offered outside which we wish we would have seen (Humus, sliders). It looked much better than the inside food. The pizzas looked good as well. We got the chicken tenders and fries which were mediocre.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SeasonedTraveler1K

New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Definitely do the Brunch on the Hill on Sundays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked a last minute trip to Steamboat, having never been there. I drove from Estes Park, over Trail Ridge Road, with my 8 yr old daughter and before we left, I booked a few activities. Since we wanted to ride the Steamboat Springs gondola up Mt Werner (there are several gondolas, so make sure you book the main Steamboat Springs one), I figured the brunch would give us a good reason to go to the top (it was summer time, so we weren't skiing down). The ride up is beautiful, quiet and it's fun to look at all the mountain homes and panoramic scenes. Once we got to the top, it was easy to get off the gondola (you get off while it continues to move very slowly -- it's pretty easy and they can stop it if you have mobility issues or whatever). There were many, MANY people coming up to the top so that they could bike back down the mountain (their bikes ride up in a separate gondola car). However, we did a 9:45 am seating for the Sunday Brunch on the Mountain. It includes all taxes and gratuities, as well as the gondola ride. I purchased it off the very well run and easy to use Steamboat Springs activity website. It was just the two of us (my 8 yr old daughter and myself) and we asked for indoor seating (you can also ask for outdoor with spectacular mountain and valley views). The service from our waiter was excellent even though it was a buffet style brunch. He was attentive and helpful with each of us, even though the tip was already included in our ticket price. The food was.....SO GOOD.....and every bit worthy of the view! We went back over and over and really made pigs of ourselves, if I do say so! There were good vegetarian selections, wonderful desserts, and the selection of both breakfast and lunch items was wide. There were stations for custom egg orders and meats, there was trout, buffalo, and hors d'ouerves type foods. If I ever go back to Steamboat, I am going to try to target a Sunday so I can do it again! It was our last day before driving on to our next location, and it was a yummy and wonderful way to end our stay.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank mommylonglegs
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Happy Hour Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took the Gondola to the top on Thursday Night for the Happy Hour. It was a beautiful view with tickets for $5 off drinks or food. They also had a band for dancing and your listening pleasure. It is family friendly as well. A great way to enjoy a beautiful view.

Visited June 2014
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful views. Good food. Amazing skiing. Fun time for the family. 10/10 great service and an excellent activity for all ages.

1 Thank Grant B
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must-do in Steamboat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

A $5 ride up the gondola provides amazing sunset views of the mountains, live music, and great happy hour drink specials. The drinks were poured generously. Good food was also available for purchase. Everyone there seemed to enjoy the experience. Do not miss this fun activity if you are in town on Thursdays!

Visited March 2014