“Sunset Happy Hour” 3 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Sunset Happy Hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went up the mountain on the Thursday night Sunset Happy Hour special. (5-9 pm) Get in line early (like 4:15) if you want a table outside at the top. The ride is nice, your ticket gets you a $5 off food or drink. Good value, but lots of people!

1 Thank Joyce L

Atlanta, Georgia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“9100+ Feet above Steamboat for a Sunset Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Summer in Steamboat is still thrilling. For $12, I got to ride the gondola up and down the mountain AND have a $5 coupon towards my drinks. The views were heavenly (For lack of a less cliche' description) and I met all kinds of fun people, even though I went alone because my friend has a fear of heights. This is a must-do if you are in steamboat for the summer, and oh yeah, if you are worried about drinking and driving, no worries! They have a free transit system in steamboat that will take you from your hotel to Gondola square and take you back again, even in the wee hours!!

Chicago
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Sunset Happy Hour a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have been coming to Steamboat every summer since 2007 and have never missed (ok, maybe once), this Thursday evening ritual. For $12, you get the ride up and down the mountain, a $5 voucher on top for a drink.... and that view! omg, that view. Like I said, a must.
In 2007, we were the only 6 on the mountain, besides the staff. Now, it is packed! If you arrive after 6:30, there's a crowd, but, in Steamboat, folks are so nice that even crowds don't ruin an evening. We brought our mother-in-law, who is a bit challenged with walking. They stopped the gondola for her to enter and exit, and did so with no complaint. The staff allowed her to use the elevator with such generosity, apologizing that we had to walk through the kitchen. So thoughtful. Thank you!

Have never eaten on top, but will next time.
The band is always fun, and bring your dancing shoes. All ages welcome.
(The gondola ride down is quite romantic)

Orlando, Florida
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Sunset Happy Hour is the Best Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were a little surprised at the $25 price tag for the gondola, but found out they offer a sunset price of $12 that includes a $5 off coupon for food and drinks at the top. We chose a night that had live entertainment and had a lovely time listening to the music, eating and watching the sunset. It was a popular entertainer, so we had to line up for the gondola about 5:30 PM. It was very crowded at the top at first, but cleared out before sunset. We also did not realize there was different food offered outside which we wish we would have seen (Humus, sliders). It looked much better than the inside food. The pizzas looked good as well. We got the chicken tenders and fries which were mediocre.

1 Thank SeasonedTraveler1K
New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Definitely do the Brunch on the Hill on Sundays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I booked a last minute trip to Steamboat, having never been there. I drove from Estes Park, over Trail Ridge Road, with my 8 yr old daughter and before we left, I booked a few activities. Since we wanted to ride the Steamboat Springs gondola up Mt Werner (there are several gondolas, so make sure you book the main Steamboat Springs one), I figured the brunch would give us a good reason to go to the top (it was summer time, so we weren't skiing down). The ride up is beautiful, quiet and it's fun to look at all the mountain homes and panoramic scenes. Once we got to the top, it was easy to get off the gondola (you get off while it continues to move very slowly -- it's pretty easy and they can stop it if you have mobility issues or whatever). There were many, MANY people coming up to the top so that they could bike back down the mountain (their bikes ride up in a separate gondola car). However, we did a 9:45 am seating for the Sunday Brunch on the Mountain. It includes all taxes and gratuities, as well as the gondola ride. I purchased it off the very well run and easy to use Steamboat Springs activity website. It was just the two of us (my 8 yr old daughter and myself) and we asked for indoor seating (you can also ask for outdoor with spectacular mountain and valley views). The service from our waiter was excellent even though it was a buffet style brunch. He was attentive and helpful with each of us, even though the tip was already included in our ticket price. The food was.....SO GOOD.....and every bit worthy of the view! We went back over and over and really made pigs of ourselves, if I do say so! There were good vegetarian selections, wonderful desserts, and the selection of both breakfast and lunch items was wide. There were stations for custom egg orders and meats, there was trout, buffalo, and hors d'ouerves type foods. If I ever go back to Steamboat, I am going to try to target a Sunday so I can do it again! It was our last day before driving on to our next location, and it was a yummy and wonderful way to end our stay.

Visited June 2014