“So Unique and Fun”

Cuisines: American
Atlanta, Georgia
“So Unique and Fun”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We loved our sleigh ride at the Haymaker. We chose this sleigh ride because it was pulled by beautiful horses rather than a diesel vehicle. We were picked up at our hotel and shuttled to the Haymaker. We had appetizers and drinks before the sleigh ride. The only reasons i would not give this an excellent rating were the hot chocolate and apple cider offered prior to our sleigh ride were very watery and there was not enough variety of appetizers.
Once we were in the sleigh, we were offered heated blankets - that was such a nice touch! Our sleigh narrator was very fun and interesting as he told the history of the area while the horses pulled us through the snow.
Afterwards, we entered the clubhouse for a very yummy dinner. the choices were steak, chicken or fish but they were all cooked well and had a very nice flavor. We had desserts served "family style" which was a nice touch. Our wait staff was really great and we enjoyed talking to them.
It was a once in a lifetime, unique experience that is well worth the money.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank cla3boys

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“One of the Best Experiences in My Life-Just Perfect!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I decided that I wanted to have a special dinner for my 60th birthday; hey, you don't get to celebrate that too many times. :) So I reserved the private sleigh ride (and dinner) at Haymaker in Steamboat for a romantic evening with my beautiful wife of 37+ years. Let me summarize: Oh my God, what a wonderful evening. Just the best!!
I've lived in Europe and have had wonderful sleigh rides in Chamonix, San Moritz, Lech Zurs, Cortina, etc. but this is the absolutely most wonderful time we've ever had. The evening started off with an absolutely beautiful sleigh ride pulled by a gigantic and handsome horse; Biggs is her name and what a animal. As animal lovers we were thrilled that Biggs actually 'talked' to us when we rubbed her nose. Our sleigh ride host was a great gentleman cowboy named Justin who was the perfect mix of host, naturalist, and silent partner on the ride. I can't say enough about him. Just super!! Very classy.
Oh, and did I mention that the blankets that they provided on the sleigh were pre-heated! Never saw that in St Moritz, baby!!! What a nice touch.
Our Ambassador host was an absolutely charming lady named Amy who helped us board the sleigh and met us when we returned. Love her!
So let's talk about the dinner: WONDERFUL. Our server was a super gal named Amanda and was just the the best. I had the beef dinner and my wife had the fish; both were absolutely great and the side dishes were equally tasty and filling. And we had desert to kill for. The wine selection was diverse, reasonably priced, well served.
I am ashamed that I can't remember the names of the fantastic hostess and bar-tender/manager (OK, I'm 60 so I get a break! :)). Talk about absolute professionals; they made us feel like we were royalty! I hope the Ski Corps appreciates what gems they are.
Bottom Line: One of the nicest evenings we've ever had. Just an absolutely class operation from start to finish. Best staff in Steamboat; best meal and service in Steamboat; I'm just thrilled with the experience. What a nice and romantic evening. Don't miss it!
Thanks for a great experience guys!

• Visited January 2013