“Not good.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went there off a suggestion from a friend and unfortunately regretted it deeply. The place is really only meant for locals and our group seemed to draw more than its fair share of scowls from the patrons and waitress. We waited forever for food, drinks, napkins, you name it. It was pretty busy and that is understandable, but when you ask the waitress for water for the kids and she responds, "Maybe" that isn't going to go over very well with me. She just seemed pretty darn unfriendly to us and another group sitting by us that also didn't appear to be locals. This would have been ok had the food been good. My ribs and chicken were overpriced, overcooked, underseasoned, and covered in a bland BBQ sauce. On top of all of this, the place was absolutely filthy. I'm only giving it 2 stars instead of 1 because my wife did like her sandwich. Please promise me you won't eat here. Surely there has to be a better place in the Boat.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Try BBQ in steamboat, there are cattle ranches in this area. This place also serve Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Cash only.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We heard about the Double Z because I had asked our bus driver where my husband and I could go to get some good, plentiful, hot, all-American-type food. He recommended this place stating that all of the locals go there because they serve good food at a good price. He was so right. My husband had the pork ribs; I had the sliced pork sandwich, which came with a couple of sides (and we ordered an extra). I fully believe that this place lines up perfectly with my tastebuds because absolutely everything that I ate was spot-on perfect! Couldn't stop eating the potato salad. The baked beans were just right. I don't always like the cole slaw, but I did at the Double Z. Don't even get me started on the BBQ sauce. Reminded me of the kind I used to get with my dad at the roadside stands when I was a kid. The place is small and it is a bar - very rustic and slightly off the beaten path. In my opinion (and my husband's) it was worth finding. They give you so much food that I had to take 1/2 of it home. I ate the rest for lunch the next day and it was delicious. We been home for a couple of days now but I'm still thinking about that BBQ sauce!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We're a hot wing loving family and try them everywhere we go. Double Z is the best in Steamboat Springs. Not on the town's main drag, but worth finding this place. Mostly locals. It's a small bar that does great bbq. Not a lot of seating, but the food is outstanding. They keep it simple and the price is right. Nothing fancy, just good food. Everything is available for take-out, if you can't get a seat.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stopped by here for one reason, and one reason only-Rocky Mountain Oysters. This was the first time I tried Rocky Mountain Oysters, and my 10 year old son and I loved them. They were fried nicely, accompanied by cocktail dipping sauce. There isn't much else I can say for the place. This place is locally dominated and not really suited for tourists. I would hang out there if I was a local, its just that kind of place.