“Cheap, Greasy, Cash Only”

Double Z Bar & Bar Bq
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There isnt anything edible in this place that can even remotely be called 'healthy' - and thats OK by me. You gotta sin a little to live well. And they don't take checks or debit/credit cards - helps keep the tourists out.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love Double Z (this was my 4th visit and 1st at lunchtime). If you're looking for a quiet, comfortable dining experience then think twice before you visit. This is the real McCoy - a local bar, rammed full with limited table seating but fantastic food from the grill. If you don't mind sharing your table and you love a burger then check it out. Friendly staff, even friendlier locals (the British accent might help) and the best burgers in town (in my opinion). The ribs are great, so is the pulled pork and there is a good selection of beers. Lunchtime is quieter (just), no reservations taken and in the evening it's packed, playing great music with sport on the many screens. If you want to sample real Steamboat this is the place!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went there off a suggestion from a friend and unfortunately regretted it deeply. The place is really only meant for locals and our group seemed to draw more than its fair share of scowls from the patrons and waitress. We waited forever for food, drinks, napkins, you name it. It was pretty busy and that is understandable, but when you ask the waitress for water for the kids and she responds, "Maybe" that isn't going to go over very well with me. She just seemed pretty darn unfriendly to us and another group sitting by us that also didn't appear to be locals. This would have been ok had the food been good. My ribs and chicken were overpriced, overcooked, underseasoned, and covered in a bland BBQ sauce. On top of all of this, the place was absolutely filthy. I'm only giving it 2 stars instead of 1 because my wife did like her sandwich. Please promise me you won't eat here. Surely there has to be a better place in the Boat.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Try BBQ in steamboat, there are cattle ranches in this area. This place also serve Rocky Mountain Oysters.
Cash only.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We heard about the Double Z because I had asked our bus driver where my husband and I could go to get some good, plentiful, hot, all-American-type food. He recommended this place stating that all of the locals go there because they serve good food at a good price. He was so right. My husband had the pork ribs; I had the sliced pork sandwich, which came with a couple of sides (and we ordered an extra). I fully believe that this place lines up perfectly with my tastebuds because absolutely everything that I ate was spot-on perfect! Couldn't stop eating the potato salad. The baked beans were just right. I don't always like the cole slaw, but I did at the Double Z. Don't even get me started on the BBQ sauce. Reminded me of the kind I used to get with my dad at the roadside stands when I was a kid. The place is small and it is a bar - very rustic and slightly off the beaten path. In my opinion (and my husband's) it was worth finding. They give you so much food that I had to take 1/2 of it home. I ate the rest for lunch the next day and it was delicious. We been home for a couple of days now but I'm still thinking about that BBQ sauce!