“Excellent... no idea why it's rated 19th!”
Review of Mambo Italiano

Mambo Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mambo Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mambo is located in the heart of downtown Steamboat Springs Colorado. Mambo offers a unique and unforgettable dining experience. We offer seasonal Italian menu with and award winning wine list and a fully stocked bar. Mambos provides a full range of menu selections from small plates to old family recipe and brick oven pizzas to chef inspired specials.Come hungry and leave happy at Mambo!
Reviewed 12 December 2007

I know Mambo Italiano has been written up in a national cuisiine magazine, although i can't remember which one. The fact is it is quaint and charming and wonderful. The food is fantastic as well as the service and atmosphere. If you like these kinds of drinks, you HAVE to have the chocolate martini. I asked the waiter what it was made of and asked my husband to write it on his hand so we could try to make it at home. No luck yet. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the locals reviewed it here b/c they wanted to keep it a locals spot, but it is excellent. We go to Steamboat ALL of the time, but keep that quiet b/c the more people who go, the more who fall in love with it, and that is an issue. But really, this should be number one. (Take it from me, I am a foodie and pride myself on knowing what restaurants to go to). Also, for mexican, The Rio Grande is to die for. The Nachos Grande, or spinich enchiladas, or the seafood anything. Very good. Although you have to start with the famous margarita. Also, sandwhich shops, you have to go to Backcountry Provisions for a take out, or quick eat-in, sandwhich or salad. Very good. Breakfast... Freashies or Creekside. If you're looking for great food and more atmosphere for breakfast, do Creekside. Just great food and a more hoppin atmosphere, Freshies. Steamboat is great, but remember, that's a secret between you and me, right????

Reviewed 26 December 2006

Maybe the food is good--we wouldn't know, because 45 minutes after our salads we were still waiting for our main courses. The waitress didn't even look our way and when we finally tracked her down, she told us it would be at least another 20 minutes. If the kitchen can't handle the volume, then they shouldn't pack in so many tables. We left without our dinner. After a long day of skiing, we were annoyed...to say the least.

3  Thank dha205
Reviewed 26 October 2006

Consistent, delicious and fun. Don't miss out on this hot spot on your next trip. We can't get enough. They don't take reservations but will let you add your name to their waitlist over the telephone. There's usually a wait for a reason. And it's worth the wait. My kids love this place--crayons on every table and they get a chipwhich included with their kids meals.

1  Thank ppp111ppp111
Reviewed 13 July 2006

I'm used to exceptional Italian food in the New York area and was pleasantly suprised by this Steamboat Italian eatery. Fun, eclectic, casual, busy, delicious. This place had it all! The menu is creative. Everything we had was outstanding. The Pasta Ravenna is the most popular dish for a reason. Save room for dessert. We'll be back next year!

4  Thank krisjeffb
Reviewed 22 June 2006

We have eaten here during our 2005 and again in June 2006 vacations. We were very impressed the first time and our second visit was no exception. Great food. I mean great! The staff is very friendly and dining outside was awesome. Prices are not out of line but expect to pay a little more than average. In any event a great value for what you get. We'll be back next time.

2  Thank MikeyheyMikey