“Good, but not great pizza.”

Blue Sage Pizza & Bakery
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Papillion, Nebraska
“Good, but not great pizza.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Decent little pizza joint in the resort area but close to the highway. Kinda difficult to find being back behind all the other stores. Needed to feed the beast so the family ordered a large deep dish pepperoni with extra cheese. The crust had a great deep dish texture but needed a little salt and perhaps some corn oil to add some extra flavor. Cheese was ok but not super flavorful, but they did put a fair amount on which is good. The pepperoni was thick cut and spicy and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The star of the show was probably the sauce. Good deal of spice and pureed enough to be a sauce but not so much that there wasn't a few hunks of tomato in it. A big deep dish was 16" and was more than enough for 5 people. Service was ok. I didn't have a bad experience you just don't really interact with the staff much as you order your pie and wait for it. The tables could have been cleaner but nearly everyone in the restaurant was making pizza so I understand why. Overall, I liked it and would return if I had a hankering for pizza.

• Visited March 2014

St. Louis, MO USA
“2nd Visit Service Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I will preface this review by noting that I reviewed this place one year ago when this restaurant was at their old location. At that time, the food (pizza and calzones) and service were very good.

We returned to Steamboat to dine here again at their new location. We arrived at about 530PM and were amazed by the new decor as well as the addition of a dining area (compared to their old site). This is unfortunately where the positives ended for this visit. I can't review the food this time around as we were never able to sample it as we were told they were not making any more pizza's by the slice. Only the remaining 3 varieties that were left under the light were available until gone. As a place that advertises "pizza by the slice", we were shocked. We offered to wait but we were told no more would be made other than what was already there...no Pepperoni or Hawaiian or Deep Dish...despite the big board at the front of the order line offering these. I could understand if this was close to closing but we arrived around 530PM, the beginning of the "dinner rush" on a week day. Disappointed, we did leave. This review does not reflect on the food but the service offered. This may have been an aberration from their norm but unfortunately it left my dining party quite disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Delicious Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had read the reviews for Blue Sage Pizza and decided to give it a try for dinner our first night in Steamboat. We will definitely return because our bbq chicken pizza was one of the best we've ever had. The ingredients were fresh, the bbq sauce was amazing, and the crust was perfect.

Visited March 2014
Collierville, TN
“Great for delivery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We discovered this gem several years ago and have been regulars ever since. Nice service, great selection, and delicious pizza,

Visited March 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great pizza for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are from Texas and we had just finished night skiing and didn't want to go too far from the mountain. Luckily we stumbled upon some of steamboats best pizza! We shared three slices and cost was about $10.50. Great for the size of each slice if you ask me. Quality was top notch and they made it fresh to order. Cheese melted so well and ingredients tasted fresh. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Great place for a family dinner too. They serve wings and salads as well. Give it a try if you're traveling here and want something cheap to eat.