“Delightful”

The Victorian
TULSA
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This charming B&B has everything going for it--location, view, staff, food. I can't say enough good things about it. Jane went out of her way to accommodate us. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat if we return.

Room Tip: If you need an air conditioned room, make sure that you book one that has it. Not all the rooms hav...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I came to The Victorian for my 40th birthday and couldn't have been more pleased. The B&B is magical - the owners took amazing care with every detail. Our room (the Valley View Suite) was beautiful - just the relaxing experience we were looking for. The managers, Jane and Michelle, intuitively attended to our needs and made an amazing breakfast to boot. Don't miss Jane's amazing Anzac cookies - they're to die for!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My sister and I shared a double room and much to our surprise it not only had two beds but also two bathrooms plus a private covered porch! Jane and Michelle are excellent hosts. Each day we enjoyed appetizers, wine, company and the wonderful view. Jane treated us to a movie in their theater complete with popcorn! Jane loves to bake and always has a fresh plateful of cookies for guests to enjoy. The breakfasts are fabulous, I'm not an egg dish fan and there were several options for me to chose from, all of which were very tasty! We will be returning again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 1st_Time_Gma
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Everything was great about this B and B as a single traveler, It was nice to find healthy mix of alone time and comfortable social interaction, with plenty of tasty nibbles, drinks and teas, the type you love to cheat on your diet (after all I'm on vacation) .
The staff, mainly Jane was always convivial and attentive to whatever needs came up in conversation,
What blew me away, was when on a beautiful summer evening I asked Jane if I could sit on her personal porch to watch the sunset over the sleeping giant mountain range, and she kindly obliged.
As I was making my way there and she was pointing out the range, a motor cycle drove up the driveway, with a couple riding double.
As she went away I did some meditation and relaxed taking in the incredible view, unaware that she had some guests for a little sunset get together which would have been much better where I was left unbothered.
Realizing my unconsciousness as I came back toward the back porch, and heard the party, I got up some nerve to let her know that I vacated the best seat in the house, they were very cool inviting me into the conversation and not making me feel at all that I had put them out. It might be safe to say that there really weren't any bad seats in the house. There are lots of little nooks where I found myself able to quietly read or take in the beautiful views, well suited for couples, and the single traveler as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Oak Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I really can't say enough about how much I love this place. I'm not usually a bed & breakfast person because it feels like staying with grandma, but my mind has changed. I love Victorian houses (and this one with its beauty and interesting history did not disappoint), but thought it might be musty, crusty and rusty to stay in. I was soooo wrong. All the elegance and detail of a historical house was there, but where you need updates (bathrooms, beds, closets) it was all brand-new, modeled with modern fixtures in an antique style to blend in. The toiletries smelled so good and there were thoughtful touches such as cotton swabs, fluffy towels and even lip balm.

Besides being beautiful and the cleanest place I ever ever seen, it also had so much to do. There was a jacuzzi, movie room, pool table, an alcove with a Wii, and of course an excellent location for hiking and Steamboat activities. This would be a perfect place for a small family reunion or wedding party to just hang out and enjoy each other's company. Michelle and Jane (who run the place) are so helpful and delightful (yet not intrusive), I could trust them to help with pulling things together on their end.

I really wish my sister and I had stayed more than one night. Another night of wine and appetizers (included!) on the patio on the hill overlooking Steamboat would have suited me. Or, maybe I just want another amazing breakfast? I'll eat another homemade cookie and sweet roll they gave us and dream more about it.

Room Tip: All the rooms were nice, but there is a big difference on size so think about what you are looking f...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EriOw
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We love to stay in B&B's and this one is truly a gem! We went there for a 4-day weekend and were treated like Royalty by Jane and Michelle. We stayed in the Valley View room -- well really a suite with separate bathroom (check out that tub!) and walk-in closet -- which is stunning. But the other bedrooms look great as well. This well-maintained victorian-style house is well situated and affords excellent views. We thoroughly enjoyed Jane's gourmet breakfast and the late-afternoon wine plus light appetizers. We highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Larkspur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We found this B&B by stoping in at the local vistor center. What a fantastic find. In all of our trips, all 50 states and over 8 countries world wide this was one of the top three. Very well restored old victorian with fantastic views. The happy hour was great but the breakfast was beyond great, it was right up there with the best chefs, Jane was great as was Michelle.

Room Tip: It does not have a swimming pool but it does have a hot tub with an excellent view. Also be sure to...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple