“Great Fly Fishing Float Trip with Rob” 5 of 5 bubbles

Steamboat Flyfisher
Plano, Texas
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Great Fly Fishing Float Trip with Rob”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are active seniors enjoy fly fishing. Water up on Yampa booked a full day float private water 12 miles with Rob Burden as our guide. He is very knowledgeable, Patient, works hard to put you on trout under tough run off conditions. Nice equipment provided. We caught and released over 12 fat quality wild trout mostly rainbows. My wife got a variety including a brown, cuttbow and rainbows. several about 21 inches. We also caught 5 to 6 white fish. Rob is an outstanding guide higly recommend him.

We also met another guide from their store Doug Garber and his lab Bailey at the pond, very knowledgeable and friendly.

This is our second June in Steamboat, the Staff at Steamboat FlyFisher are very helpful whether you just want free info or booking a trip. We Highly recommend them will book them again.

They support and give back to their community among them a sponsor at the fun, family oriented Rodeo.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RichDar

Granbury, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a single keeper”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rob took us fishing to Willow Creek. We told him we wanted to keep 5-6 fish for dinner. He said the only problem was that the slot to keep fish was under 17 inches. I caught upwards of 40 fish. and Kenny caught 30+ with none under 17. All the rainbows we caught were 18, 19+ with several 22s. Not a single keeper. Rob was great. He is a great guide. The staff at Steamboat Flyfisher were great help. A very nice shop. We felt blessed to go fishing with them and would recommend them highly. Sweet trip.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank bcdryfly61
Spring, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Trout Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I went with our guide John about 10 miles out of Steamboat for a half day of fly fishing. We stopped on a snowy road and suited up in our waders. Then we got on a snowmobile and traveled about 3 miles to the river. It was allot of fun, my wife caught the biggest fish. It is catch and release, so she was not real happy with that. All in all a great day fishing.

Visited January 2014
Mooresville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best experience we had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I did a half day fly fishing with Paul Russell and it was awesome. I don't really care for fishing and we were both novices. It was the highlight of our trip and we skied, went snowmobiling and dog sledding. It was a cold morning with lots of snow but we never wavered. Caught a fair amount of fish despite working around some ice. Would definitely recommend. Paul was super accommodating, a good teacher and fun to be around.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kelley M
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Experience with my son!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I went on a half day trip with Mike Morton with Steamboat Flyfisher on June 29th. I am a novice that has flyfished a few times and my 9 year old son was going for the first time. The whole experience was fantastic! My son did not have any equipment and they did a great job fitting him with waders, boots and a pole. They will provide all the equipment that you need. The part of the river he took us to was gorgeous and, as we requested, was not on private land but also not in the city. He had the poles rigged with 3 separate flies and strike indicator prior to us arriving. When we arrived at our location, we immediately went fishing. Mike showed us how to cast, mend, strip and other maneuvers with the poles. My son was cold after about an hour. To accomodate, Mike found a fishing hole that was in the sun. It was on the other side of the river. My son had problems crossing the river in his waders. Mike saw this and picked him up on his shoulders and carried him across to the other side. For that alone, Mike deserves huge praise. We then set about fishing in a new hole. I caught a total of 7 fish that am while my sone caught 6 fish, the largest was about 14 inches. By the end of the morning, my son asked why I only booked a half day trip and said that he wanted to stay longer. I would definitely go with Steamboat Flyfisher and would request Mike Morton again. They provided a fantastic experience!

Visited June 2013