Celebrity - Hilltop/Legacy Resorts
I stayed here from Mar 4th-11th. First let me say this was my first time to SB and the skiing was AWSOME!
Now, for the resort. The resort is nice but could have been better. First, you’re greeted by 2 sets of stairs upon arrival. Imagine that with ski luggage. And no access for the luggage carts to leave the building. Check in was good, front desk personnel are very friendly; no matter who it is. it's difficult to move throughout the building because it takes a 90 degree turn to get to anywhere and it's in a small radius (kinda like driving a trailer in a labyrinth). This place is a timeshare that rents units as well. Our initial unit was small, real small. You walk in and you’re immediately greeted by stairs to the upper level. This didn’t work for me. I requested a change and they did no fuss – no muss.
I was switched to an accessible room on the 1st floor. There are benefits to this. The Mstr/bedroom was huge but you sacrifice a closet. The living room area was nice but again, no closet. The furniture was kinda worn and is not made for long periods of sitting or lying around. The kitchen facilities were nice but for this unit (accessible) everything was lower than usual; I got used to it by the end of the week. The TV channel choices were not that great and neither was the reception. Not one movie channel!
But overall this unit was really nice compared to my first one. I was happy with the cleanliness of the room and it had plenty of hot water.
The amenities include a pool (5ft) and 2 hut tubs. An exercise room (2- treadmills and a workout station). There are no eating or drinking facilities in the building, none, zero, zilch! There used to be one (and you can see it) but it was shut down. There’s also a game room on the lower level but most groups used it as a meeting place for parties. Since you may have a stove, microwave and fridge your best bet is to do some shopping. There is plenty of shopping near by; you can walk if you choose but good luck on getting back up that hill. They have an awesome shuttle service that operates from 8am-10am and again from 230pm-5pm to the Mtn only. Between and after those times they will take you ANYWHERE you wish to go.
Since I mentioned it, the resort sits high atop a hill with excellent views of the mountain and the town. It’s a slightly worn building and could use some TLC to bring it into the 21st century. Don’t get me wrong, I imagine in its day, it was… king of the hill (and you didn’t see that coming) but it’s still a nice place minus the upgrades. It’s about a 10min ride to the Mtn and maybe 10mins to town. If you’re looking for night life or being steps away from the Mtn; this is not the place.
I don’t know why they changed the name to Legacy but I can only imagine and hope some upgrades come with it.
Overall, this is just an average place to stay. Nothing really stood out. I was pleased with my stay and the shuttles; fortunately for me I was on a TS exchange and only paid the exchange fee. If I had to pay to stay, I’d probably choose this as choice #3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located just 5 minutes from Steamboat Ski area and downtown area, located on main road into Steamboat. Located on top of a hill in beautiful Steamboat Springs. Resort offers surrounding views of mountains. This bright resort is perfect for families with fully equipped kitchens, indoor pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. Ski lockers and complimentary shuttle service to mountain and downtown areas offered everyday through ski season. Offering studio, 1 and 2 bedroom suites. All units completely renovated in Dec. 2011 with wood floors in main area, granite countertops, new appliances, furnishings. 1 bedroom has 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms has 3 bathrooms. Studio offers mini refrigerator, microwave, 1 bathroom. The 1-bedroom layout includes either a 1-level with 1 bathroom or a 2-level with 2 bathrooms. Also offer fitness room, game room, ski lockers, complimentary shuttle. Complimentary Shuttle service available to mountain, downtown, and areas around town offered daily from 8am - 11pm during Ski season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Hilltop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Hilltop Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Celebrity Resort Steamboat Springs
- Celebrity Hotel Steamboat Springs