“Incredible Food! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sumatera

Sumatera
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Indonesian, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are located on Lincoln & 11th Street Downtown Steamboat- In the western parking lot past Riggios!!!
“Incredible Food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a local and it is truly a gem. I love Thai food and eat it all the time in NYC. This restaurant offers some of the best I have ever had. It's a tiny place and if you don't have a reservation you will not get in. Everything we are was AWESOME, I wish I could have eaten more. We left feeling like we were undercharged which is amazing in an pricy ski town! Go Enjoy!!!

South Burlington, Vermont
“Outstanding Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This tiny Indonesian place had only 6 or 7 tables in a small, very nicely decorated room, accessed by entering through the kitchen/take out area, which was unappealing, as you would expect. What a surprise when we entered the dining room. I had massaman curry which was absolutely perfect. My companions' dishes were each unique and delicious. Beware, the food tends to be hot. You specify your desired heat on a scale of 1 to 5. My 1 had a bit of heat and my companions' 2's and 3's were a bit too hot. My advice is to order down one level from what you might ordinarily order. They can make it hotter after you taste it, but can't make it less hot. Service was quirky, as there was only one waiter and he was a bit too relaxed, didn't move quickly, but he was pleasant and knowledgeable about the food. They have no liquor license. We walked in w/o a reservation around 8:00 and got in, but could see that they have a following.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, TX
“A true gem...wish I had found this place earlier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Small restaurant...I counted 5-6 tables. Food was excellent. There were 5 of us and everyone loved their food. A couple of the group do not like to try different cuisines and they really liked it too. They have a variety of Malaysian/ Thai food. We made reservation which I recommend, especially if you have a larger group. I wish we had this place close to home cause I can see this being our new favorite restaurant. We have been coming to Steamboat for the last 6 years and I truely wish we had found this place sooner.

• Visited February 2014
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Best thai in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Authentic SEA (south east asia) food! Awesome for take out our dine in. Love the atmosphere there. and the thai tea!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chicago
“Steamboat is lucky to have this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Chicago has an amazing assortment of Thai and Nepalese restaurants. None come close to Suma tera we had great food, spicy and glorious. We are returning for more tonight, and wished we'd found it sooner.

• Visited February 2014