“A must-do on your visit to Steamboat!”

Old Town Hot Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Old Town Hot Springs is an historic hot spring and recreational facility in the heart of Steamboat Springs. It is family friendly and has been the place for recreation and rejuvenation for visitors and locals alike for over 100 years. The swimming and soaking pools served as a gathering and bathing place for the Ute Indians who first settled in the area. Then in the late 1800s, it was a social spot and a bathing place for the early homesteaders. Old Town Hot Springs sits at an elevation of 6,700 feet and offers eight pools, including two 230-foot waterslides, a 3,000 square foot hot activity pool, an aquatic rock climbing wall, the historic Heart Spring pool, eight lap lanes, and massage. We also have a full fitness center with over 45 classes each week, including aqua fitness classes, yoga, spin, pilates, BodyPump, Zumba, and more. It is a 501(c)3 non-profit, multi-use complex open seven days a week, year-round.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage
Denver, Colorado, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A must-do on your visit to Steamboat!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Old Town Hot Springs, located in Steamboat Springs, is one of Colorado’s premier hot springs. It is a multi-use complex, open to the public. The facility is open seven days a week with eight, hot spring-fed pools, two waterslides, (seasonal: winter and summer only), a fitness center, exercise classes and massage. This is a fun way to spend the day with your family and is a must on your visit to Steamboat!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Seth J

Golden, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The hot springs to go to for families with small kids”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went to Strawberry Park Hot Springs, and while it was good for the adults, it was not so good for the 14 month old baby. Old Town Hot Springs is the solution for families with small children. The pools are still warm from hot springs, but not scalding. There are many different temperatures and depths. There is also a kids pool with fun things to climb on. We enjoyed soaking, and the baby liked playing in water that was good for her. If you have bigger kids there is a slide that they will love. This is the best place for hot springs for families with small kids.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Megginjackson
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just came back from Old Town Hot Springs. We paid $14 per person to get in (I had 2, $2 off coupons), regular $16 per person. They charged me $1 per person to "rent" towels, so for the hour we were there, it was $30. They also charge $0.25 and $0.50 respectively to rent lockers. It wouldn't have been so bad if all the amenities were open. Only 2 of the 3 hot tubs were open. Only one pool was open...everything else was closed for cleaning and maintenance...they don't tell you that when you pay to get in. You only find that out when you get outside...they should give a discount, but don't. The hot tubs are also not really "hot springs fed", only heated via spring water and they also put chlorine in the water. So overall this place is extremely overrated and not worth the $30 for an hour of hot tubing. Would NOT recommend this place during off peak times.

1 Thank BT-Traveller
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for All!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been coming to these pool since I was a kid in the early 70's and even though it can be hard to sometimes let those memories prejudice future change I can honestly say I love it as much now as I did when I was a kid. I now bring my boys here who enjoy the slide and climbing wall. My husband and myself just love taking in and getting a GREAT massagege. Every masseuse we have ever had has been exceptional. The vibe is not luxy spa, it has the same fee as all of Steamboat, warm, friendly and real. It is very well maintained and staffed.

1 Thank Wendy R
Colorado Springs, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Pricey but relaxing”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The facility is very nice. It is also a gym that you can belong to but many tourist like us go there for the hot spring pools. It was very expensive to use the hot springs pools. It was around $15 a person which I think is a little much. Make sure you bring your own towels because they are $1 to rent and non potty trained babies have to have a reusable swim diaper to go in the pools. We had one but I know they also rent those out too if you don't have one.

The pools are very nice and relaxing. It is quite and kid friendly as well. We would have had a better time if our 16 month old liked it more. The person at the front desk was friendly but it would have been nice if he gave us a little more information since it was our first time there. I would go back if we are ever in town again. It's a nice place to go enjoy hot springs with kids.

1 Thank tepers