“cool atmosphere but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shack Cafe

The Shack Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
chicago
“cool atmosphere but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place is open for breakfast and lunch only. It has a fair amount of counter seating as well as tables. The service is efficient and the food is pretty average. It's not my favorite place for breakfast but it's got that ski town log cabin feel.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TotalOfFive

Safety Harbor, Florida
“Try the Chile Relleno Omlette”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

While enjoying walking recently along Lincoln Avenue there were several options for breakfast and lunch. We chose The Shack Cafe. I had their Chile Relleno Omlette. It was light, creamy..just outstanding. Lynn had the grilled ham & cheese sandwich which she liked. The restaurant has a nice rustic atmosphere and excellent service. A nice stop.

Visited September 2013
golden, co
“Great Morning Wake-up Chow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I love breaksfast and this place was recommended to me.
There was one server, but she was wearing her rocket-powered rollerskates and took care of everyone (the place was not entirely packed).
I sat at the counter and it was a little dirty, with salt or sugar.
My food was hot and sereved promptly, when I was ready to go I got a free cup of coffee to go.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Where the locals eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had breakfast and lunch here. Both are excellent. I would say breakfast was my favorite. The service is fantastic. Our waitress even suggested an omelette that wasn't on the menu but that a lot of the locals order. It was unbelievable! I highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Northport, Alabama
“Great for Breakfast or Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Interesting looking cafe in the downtown area. A bit small and no place to wait for a table.
The service here is great. They are quick, attentive, and knowledgeable about the menu. I don't believe I ever saw the bottom of my coffee cup. The kitchen staff gets the food out quickly as well.
I ate there several times on my last visit to Steamboat Springs. The first time was lunch and the Ham and Swiss on Rye was very good. I have also had ham and eggs. Nothing really special but still good. Be sure and try out the preserves that are in jars sitting on each table. Excellent but you might need to ask if they have different flavors. The last morning I was in town I had the French Toast. Made with sourdough bread, not overcooked, and not undercooked. Very tasty, some of the best I have ever eaten and I travel a lot.
I saw several locals eating here and I always find that is a good sign. It was in this case. Prices were very reasonable for this area.
I will visit the Shack my next trip to Steamboat.

• Visited June 2013