“Excited to find this place”
Review of Rootz

Rootz
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to find Rootz, given its extensive healthy menu, vegetarian options, and mind-boggling assortment of homemade drinks (kombucha, juices, smoothies, etc.). I felt like a kid in a candy store looking at the menu. I also loved the relaxed, calm atmosphere in the eating area/shop, which was a nice change from the very busy downtown on the weekend of a big kids' soccer tournament.

That being said, the food was just ok. I really liked having all the healthy veggies in my Thai-inspired bowl. But the "massaged" kale I chose (along with rice) was VERY salty, while the rest of the dish needed more pepper and spices. My husband thought his spicy black bean/mango dish was just ok. Same with my son and his grilled cheese panini (which, FYI, comes with fresh fruit not chips.)

As for drinks, my strawberry/matta/cocoa/vanilla/honey smoothie was ok. It took getting used to, for it was not sweet and tasted almost solely of the strawberries. My son thought his lemonade was just ok, for it was more sour than he liked. My husband's drink was the best, a juice combo he made up of peaches, strawberries, and kiwis.

It was a thrill to find a heart-healthy restaurant like this, which is lacking in my hometown. But, I was a little disappointed by his everything tasted.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place is friendly and healthy. Great salads. I love that Rootz will accommodate all tastes and sensitivities. It is worth the price. Try it!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was blown away by the use of organic, fresh ingredients at such an affordable price! I truly hope this town gets behind this restaurant and supports it!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

It's refreshing to find such a refreshing, friendly place in the middle of a commercial strip. The staff was friendly and made me feel like family. My smoothie and snack were fantastic - and the stuff on the bulletin board gave me ideas on things to do - things that don't appear in the tourist literature or newspapers. I'll be back there later on today!

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

After spending a couple of days in meatville (Meeker) we were craving some green food and this fit the bill perfectly. If you need some veggies in your diet, try Rootz.