“Good food but expensive.”
Review of Aurum Food & Wine

Aurum Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurum Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Element in Dining Featuring seasonal new American cuisine, this refined yet relaxed, space features bar, dining room and spacious deck seating. Nestled along the Yampa River, this watershed has historically provided the lifeline for farming and ranching in the Yampa Valley. We are proud to build upon this rich heritage. Coming May 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We dined at Aurum last night for the first time. Since the dining room was full at 8:00 and we did not have a reservation, we chose to eat at the bar, where we were served by Caesar (formerly of Cottonwood Grill). The menu had a nice selection and we were thrilled that the staff and chef were willing to accomodate a food allergy in preparing our meals, which were delicious. We were disappointed that the dessert we chose was sold out and that there was no decaf cappuccino available. The cost of the dinner, we felt, was somewhat high and we will probably not add this into our regular rotation of restaurants.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good Morning,

I wanted to make sure to thank you for your recent review as we value all feedback concerning guest experience. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals, but feel disappointed that you felt as if there was not good value in your experience. If you would please, take a moment to contact me regarding what dishes you felt were overpriced and perhaps I can shed some light on to the high cost of operating in the current economy. As for the lack of decaff cappuccino...yes, I do apologize as we are bringing this item onto the list after having more than a few requests. Please know that we always have decaff coffee available, and will soon offer decaff espresso as well. My contact email is phil@aurumsteamboat.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have eaten at Aurum twice now--once inside with my son, full dinners, and once with some friends outside on the couches at the fire pit, drinks and appetizers only. The first experience was pretty good--we ate at a great table right at the window overlooking the Yampa. The service was attentive; the tomato/buratta salad good; my chicken was cooked nicely; my son's lamb/sausage burger, well, I just don't think this dish works, at least not with a teenager's palate (though I tasted--not my fav either). Although the entire dinner was nice, I left unsure whether the experience was worth the price.

My second visit to Aurum was the way to go---hanging out on the patio on a beautiful evening, sipping refreshing whisky smashes, and grazing on delicious appetizers: the tender calamari, super lumpy crab cake, tuna tartar, and Korean BBQ ribs. The four of us loved everything--we scraped each plate clean (actually fought over last rib!). This was a lovely evening out and I'll certainly return for the experience.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Good Morning & thank you for your recent review of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate the feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed the apps, they are some of our favorites as well. Next time in let us know you are here and maybe Chef Chase can put something special together for your teenagers in the way of a good old fashioned burger. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The new renovations are very nice, and the setting overlooking the river and Howelson Hill is superb. The brunch menu is small but innovative and adequate. The BLAT was very good, as were a couple of the salads. Hope this one stays around a while in Steamboat.

Good morning, and thank you for your feedback of Aurum Food and Wine as we greatly appreciate you. We are so glad you enjoyed your brunch with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Yes, we hope to be here for years to come!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great view of the river and there was a fellow singing doing a great job. We ordered a glass of wine and planned to have dinner. Call me square and maybe old, but I have trouble looking up at a server with a nose ring through her nostril. Sorry, lost my appetite.

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Good Morning,

Let me begin by thanking you for your feedback as we greatly appreciate any and all comments about your experience. I find it difficult to defend a judgement of our restaurant based upon the appearance of our staff. We value our employees above all else as they are first and foremost a reflection of the passion we have for what we do. I hope next time you visit you will try to look past appearance and experience the food & wine of Aurum.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There are some really fine restaurants in Steamboat, however, Aurum is THE best restaurant for the overall dining experience. Not only is the food is excellent but the service staff is terrific and the expansive setting on the Yampa River is amazing. Huge deck for brunch, lunch, happy hour and dinner. The menu offers fabulous fish, chicken, beef and more. Delicious Tempura Calamari...my fav! We have enjoyed it so much, we had a private party there on the 4th of July. Even with the restaurant packed, the staff was right on top of our needs and paid attention to the details. Phil Armstrong is the owner and knows his business. He is visible, personable and is at your service. I might as well mention a few names of some of his seasoned staff: Matt, Cesar, John, Alexa... This is a must and a dining jewel in Steamboat!

Phil A, Owner at Aurum Food & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for your support of Aurum Food & Wine, we greatly appreciate you! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.