“Challenging Golf with Great Views”

Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Decided to play some golf in Steamboat springs with my father (turned 78 yesterday) and we settled on The Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club by the Sheraton hotel. This course is one of the pricer courses in the area, however, we couldn't get a decent tee time any where else. As it turns out, we had a blast and my father was ready to play again once we sank the putt on 18. The course has great service, the guys met us as we drove up and handled our bags for us. The starters helped by getting us off a little early in front of a 4some that may have extended our round, and after the round, they cleaned the clubs and made sure that we were taken care of.

Settled in for a margarita, and the bartender, Chris, was very pleasant and full of information and advice for things to do around the area. The course was in excellent shape, we played from the Black / Gold tees and found the yardage to be right. The views from the course were fantastic, and many of the holes had the slopes in the background. Balls flew farther in the thin air, but we finally dialed it in for a good solid round. The greens are fast and true with great undulation that provided some fun challenges.

Would I play the course again, probably, would my father, absolutely. My only concern with the course is that they don't have a senior rate, and you really have to wait until 3pm to get a good rate. If they could work on the rates, I would change my probably to absolutely.

Have fun and check out the photos that I snapped while we were playing.

There are newer reviews for Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wonderful mountain golf course with plenty of challenge for all level of golfer. Enjoy vistas of the Yampa Valley from almost every hole. Just had a wonderful time - and had a great score :-)