super experience from the start, res staff was excellant and took the time to describe property, ammenities, and location. upon arrival we weren't let down as the check-in process was also warm, friendly, welcoming and informative. hotel is certainly an older property, but the location was absolutely amazing. we know ski-in/ski-out has become a popular term with questionable interpretation, however, this is truly it. located next to the gondola yet slightly above, makes walking outside and putting your skis on a true reality. and at the end of the day, you really can ski to the back door. super to have a ski rental shop in-house with top of the line equipment and a 20% discount for guests. convenient and competitively priced, just like the hotel. our room was clean and comfortable, slopeview is great as you can step out on the small balcony to check temperature each morning. internet service was great and having a fridge was nice too. rooms are small as again it's an older building, but for the very small amount of time we spent in our room it was definately no problem. daily routine was to watch a little tube after eating dinner each evening, sleep, wake up and shower, eat a hearty value priced breakfast in the hotel restaurant, then leave for another action packed day. after ski day we'd change into swim suits, get the best priced apres ski happy hour drinks and snacks in town at the hotel lounge, then take our beverages to the wonderfully well kept hot-tub and pool. a heated patio around both make for very easy access. we met lots of friendly and happy guests just like ourselves in the tub, a truly ski lodge feel. another piece of advice, the dining room's dinner menu is yummy and filling, and at a great price. sometime they get a little busy and overwhelmed but it's certainly worth the price for convenience and quality.
to sum up, our experience was truly fantastic. we found the ptarmigan to feel like a home away from home with a warm and inviting atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, useful ammenities, and the best location for price in all of steamboat. we whole heartedly reccommend the inn and will be sure to come back as we just found out the hotel will be open again next winter. don't expect the ritz carlton but instead for a value price you'll get a tremendous location along with a comfortable place to hang your hat. places like this are a dying breed and unfortunately someday soon we fear the only ski-in & out accommodations will be super high end condos for $500 + per night. at that point we'll have to re-consider if we can afford to sleep on the slopes in steamboat anymore. until then thought, thank you ptarmigan inn & staff, we'll see you again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Steamboat hotel with ski-in, ski-out access. The Ptarmigan Inn is the premier Steamboat lodging option for your Steamboat ski vacation, offering Steamboat’s only affordable ski-in ski-out access to the Steamboat Ski Resort. Start your Steamboat vacation planning now by letting us help you with all your needs while you’re here in Steamboat Springs. Check room availability and book now or contact a Steamboat lodging concierge. You’ll be glad you did. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Ptarmigan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ptarmigan Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Best Western Ptarmigan Hotel
- Best Western Steamboat Springs
- Ptarmigan Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Best Western