I can't say enough good things about the staff. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with their pooch, and bargain hunters because they have some of the best rates in the area. Even if you don't stay try the restaurant, the menu's small but the food and service is better than the Slopeside Grill (both accomodate pooches on the patio in Summer).
- This hotel's staff is the best we've encountered in quite awhile. They really made us (all of us) feel welcome.
- The Snowbird Restaurant's food was excellent. Odd... it wasn't very busy (it was just us for about an hour around 4-5pm on a Saturday) and they were out of several menu items.
- It's walking distance to a really great grocery store (Market on the Mountain?), the gondola and Gondola Square, as well as several hiking trails and restaurants.
- Free internet access, although it was unplugged when we got there and down one of the nights we stayed.
- The room had a VCR, and you can rent movies in the lobby.
- They really went out of their way to make our dog feel welcome, even providing a doggie blanket and poopy bags. There was also a somewhat dedicated potty area with a supply of bags and a large trash can.
I think we may have gotten one of their less desirable rooms because we stayed with our dog, which turned out to be okay because it made us want to spend less time there.
- We were right by the hall to the pool & hot tub so there was constantly someone walking through the hallway (especially in the evening and at night), this made it very hard for us to relax because the dog was always running to the door in full guard dog mode.
- It was a very small room with alot of furniture, and didn't have a balcony like most of the others.
- It didn't feel terribly clean, we encountered large dust bunnies behind the furniture and the baseboards were dirty.
- You can't use the pool or hot tub if you have a dog because dogs aren't allowed to stay in the room unattended and aren't welcome in the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Steamboat hotel with ski-in, ski-out access. The Ptarmigan Inn is the premier Steamboat lodging option for your Steamboat ski vacation, offering Steamboat’s only affordable ski-in ski-out access to the Steamboat Ski Resort. Start your Steamboat vacation planning now by letting us help you with all your needs while you’re here in Steamboat Springs. Check room availability and book now or contact a Steamboat lodging concierge. You’ll be glad you did. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ptarmigan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ptarmigan Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Best Western Ptarmigan Hotel
- Best Western Steamboat Springs
- Ptarmigan Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Best Western