“Worth the money”

The Steamboat Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We moved to The Steamboat Hotel after a terrible time at a different hotel. I won't mention the name but it starts with a "Q". Upon our arrival, the girl at the front desk was a real people person. She was very welcoming. They accepted our dogs with only a $15.00 pet fee. The room was good sized with a refridgerator and microwave. It was very clean and comfortable. Much nicer then the hotel we checked out of and the staff was much friendlier and the rate was the same. We requested an extra blanket and it was promptly delivered to our room. The remote was missing and again a new one was promptly given to us. The next morning they had coffee in the lobby. No free breakfast but for the price that was ok. They did sell breakfast burritos for only $1.00. We went to Johnny B's for breakfast, it was so good. The morning desk clerk was just as friendly as the lady that checked us in. I recomend this hotel over any other budget hotel in Steamboat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelnutt68

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This doesn't look like your typical hotel. Instead it resembles a ski lodge which it probably is in the winter. The interesting architecture certainly lends a somewhat unusual flavor to the hotel. The room was spacious and clean and the one I had came with a nice view of the surrounding area. There is also a small swimming pool in the front and about 1/2 mile behind the hotel is a creek.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was a fairly nice place. The only downsides were: no breakfast and it was 2 1/2 miles out of town. The price was good--I booked it through hotels.com for $79/night, which is what it advertised anyway. Other motels in town were more expensive but more centrally located.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank duaneoftheozarks
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I booked at this hotel (through Travelocity) for a marathon, but got injured and could not compete. Be aware that there is a 2 day concellation policy and they will not budge. I had only called the hotel to inquire if there was a chance that I could cancel but I DID not cancel. However, they went ahead and cancelled my reservation. When I went to check in, they informed me that the reservation had been cancelled (by them). The staff was adamant that I had cancelled and showed no inclination to remediate the situation. After a 25 minute call to Travelocity (my call) I was finally allowed to check in to the hotel. There is no breakfast of any sort and for $109 a night, I thought this was rather ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2013

If you looking for a "no-frills" hotel this is it. Rooms are clean, but fairly basic.
It is a little ways out of the town, but not far if you have a car. It's closer to the ski resort if that's why you are there!
Quiet room, friendly staff and it was well-maintained.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced towards back parking lot rather than the highway and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penelopewood
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is the kind of place that gets the job done, when that's all you need. Rooms are basic, but clean. No closet, and amenities are few (toiletries, etc.). Didn't bother with breakfast, so can't comment on that. But it's a great deal pretty much all the time compared to other options in the area- several of the branded competitors are a good bit more, for essentially the same room and service. Especially when considering it's pet-friendly, hard to beat the price. You get what you pay for, but that's just fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights so I could be close to the mountain to get some awesome snowboarding in this season. You're allowed to bring your dogs for $15/pet/night. I had 2 dogs with me so that was super convenient. The lobby is always stocked with coffee, tea, and energy bars which was great, and all the people working at the desk were really nice and helpful. There's a nice hot tub which is so relaxing after a day of skiing. Although the amenities are pretty basic, it's a great rate for a one star hotel and they really do take care of this place. I will definitely stay here again if I make it up to Steamboat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends