“Home away from home”

La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This quaint hotel is the perfect place to stay if you want a true Steamboat Springs experience. The first thing you encounter when you walk in is a friendly front desk clerk who will tell you all about the area (places to visit, great places to eat, how to take the bus, etc.). My hostess was a nice woman who was great to chat with (she even reminded me a bit of my mother) which was especially nice because since I was staying at the La Quinta over Thanksgiving weekend, away from my own family. The lobby area is a warm place to sit and read a book, enjoy a cup of practically endless-flow coffee, or catch up on the news. The lobby area has large, comfortable chairs that you can lounge in, and a nice couch that you can sit on and watch the large flat screen television, which is exactly what my girlfriend and I did after a day at the nearby hot springs. The whole place has wonderful warm “ski-lodge” feeling that was just the perfect thing after spending the day outside in the chilly weather.

After the front desk clerk made sure I had a room that was easy to get to, smoke-free, and with a beautiful view of the mountains, I was quite impressed with the size of the bed in my room. As a person who travels quite a bit for both business and pleasure, I appreciate when the bed is up to standard with quality blankets and not just some cheap synthetic fiber bedcover. Not only was this bed, as compared with other hotels, one of the more comfortable ones that I have come across in a while, but the hotel also provided an ample number of fluffy pillows. One thing that stood out about this hotel is that they are definitely not out-of-date; in fact it is quite the opposite at this La Quinta. I have never before been to a La Quinta that has a large flat screen television in every room. They really know what is important when a person is away from home: a comfortable bed, a nice television set, and a clean room and bathroom.

As far as the continental breakfast goes, it was a convenient way to get energized for the day without going broke on an over-priced breakfast downtown (Steamboat is expensive!). They had all the expected breakfast items that continental breakfasts usually come with plus brand-name cereal and yogurt items. What was really unexpected and appreciated was the hot breakfast; the hotel offers sausage patties, eggs, and waffles for people like me who can’t just fill up on cereal and yogurt. The location of this hotel is perfect—it is one of the first hotels you see when you are coming in on highway, which is nice after driving for so long, and also so you don’t have to fight the traffic downtown, or spend time searching for it among the many other hotels on the mountain. Also, it is conveniently located right in front of a bus stop so you don’t have to drive anywhere! Overall, if you want a quiet, clean, contemporary place to stay that will not break the bank, this is definitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chad-B-Linsky
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs

Reviewed 12 December 2011

We enjoyed our stay. Sue made us feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrPogo P
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This is a gorgeous property LaQuinta Inn. Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I stayed for 2 nights and The staff (actually, every single member of the staff I encountered) was superb. Caring, informative, safe parking, funny (in a lot of cases). The ambience is quietly elegant. and could not believe the friendliness and great service! An absolute delight. Also very convenient location for trips to the mountains. Rooms were very good and great beds, and flexible pet "rules" I speaking of pet rules. I should have bring my girlfriend instead. Wink! as can be expected from a LaQuinta . Would recommend it. Excellent Value. and staff that went out of their way to make my stay wonderful describes my experience. One last note. If you smell the garlic and Onions. Please do not panic? There is a big restaurant next door. And Believe it or NOT!!. The foods are so wonderful there. Yum!!. Before I go.. I can't help noticing the review under me dated November 9, 2011. Omg!! Who's that lady?¿ Queen Elizabeth?¿ One moment before I respond, please; I need to I find a Gibberish Translator. Whoever you are You remind me of a clarinet - a wind instrument. and Haven't you inflicted enough humiliations and embarrassments upon yourself and fourteen generations of your ancestors for one night?. The Anti-Moron™ software on my PC went crazy when I started to read your post. You wouldn't know a clue if it walked up to you, bit you on the azz, and announced 'I AM A CLUE'. However, I'll consider letting you have the last word if you guarantee it will be your last. I am reminded of something relevant that Benjamin Disraeli said: "He was distinguished for ignorance - for he had only one idea and that was wrong."

Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? In future, kindly proofread your posts before assaulting unsuspecting readers of this message board with a litany of misspellings, egregious grammatical errors, and other verbal atrocities.

A-Blee-blee-blee..
That's All Folks! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BIG O
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I am the first to give a good review if deserved and I stay in La Quinta's all the time. This was the stay from hell.

First I walked in a around 6 pm to check in. The whole hotel smelt like garlic and onions. Come to find out owners live on first floor and had just cooked their dinner. It still smelt like this at 11 at night. First problem and I booked a double queen and she sent me to a king. Went back down she argued with me to look that's what's on her screen. I tried to show her on my laptop my confirmation with to queens. She said I take care of you. No she didn't I paid for the two beds. She asked me how many were staying I said well right now 2 my son is with us but lives in town we are here visiting him. I might take hime home later....she said okay. After checking in we left and were gone unitl 10:30 at night. My 18 year old son decided he wanted to come back with us. We went to our room hanging out and watching TV then my daughter and I decided we wanted an extra blanket. I love blankets and every La Quinat I have stayed at never has a problem giving me extra. This lady said to my daughter when she went down...I thought your mom said only two were staying my daughter said Okay I'm sorry my mom and I would like a blanket you can talk to my mom about that. Two queen beds fits up to 4 people. However, I went down there and ask if there was a problem my son would like to spend my last night here with me. She said no you just said two of you. I then asked her is it more for him to be her. She said no. Also none of us ate breakfast and only my daughter and I took showers. The beds where good and the TV was nice. So then I get home the next day I sit down to look at my credit card charges and they charged my account extra money. When I called she up a man on the phone saying he was the book keeper...I believe it was her husband which yelled and told me there is no way we can charge your account. They did card my account. I had to cancel my card and no my bank is fighting them over the charges. Complete headache!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go near there!!!! I have also turned them in to Corporate.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen S
Reviewed 2 November 2011

A beautiful drive from Denver to be greeted by warm welcoming owners. Our triple room was spacious and immaculate with micro, fridge, coffee etc. The queen pillowtop mattresses were a surprise and a treat! Breakfast was homemade and a good variety offered to please kids to grownups. The location is ideal and the owners provide maps, directions, and tips that are spot on. I highly recommend a visit to Steamboat with a stay at this oasis.
Dyanne

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank dwoold
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Wow, what a great place to stay. If you want a cozy, clean, comfy place to stay in Steamboat, this is the place to stay. It is a small hotel with lots of character. The beds are the comfiest beds I have ever slept on, huge TV and spotlessly clean. The breakfast in the morning was great with fresh food and anything you would want for breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Overall, this was an excellent place to stay.
Peggy

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggy W
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Very helpful and attentive owners. Good breakfast. Tiny pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo