“Needs remodeling desperately”

La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Business the hotel has many construction workers staying so a very early rising crowd. The inside of hotel is in need of a remodeling. Compared to the other property's I stayed at last week this is the least attractive.

Hotel was very loud at 4:45 am and stayed that way till 6:00 am. Rough stay would probably stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pjsioner

Reviewed 24 July 2014

On July 12-13,we went to see the air balloons and stayed at La Quinta. When we checked-in,the staff at the front desk recommended that we would have a great view of hot air balloons; they told us that the balloons propelled field was in a walking distance from our hotel. So we could walk there without concerning the parking space. What they recommended was awsome, I loved the balloons and they are very gorgeous. When we came back,the room that our hotel provided was comfortable and our rate on the high demand season was quite reasonable. Especially, our children enjoyed the swimming pool and their breakfast. In all, I will highly recommend to this La Quinta to our friends.

1  Thank Huiling Q
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We ended up here by chance, not by choice. It is a dated hotel. Not much updating done. Lobby and pool are very small. We ended up in the king room with a jacuzzi tub. It wasn't worth what they charge for it. Wouldn't recommend this room. But it beat sleeping in the car since everything else in town was booked. Manager was extremely nice and accommodating. He seems to really care about his hotel and the customers.

1  Thank ladytrooper
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This property is two miles outside Steamboat Springs,and is located right on I-40 Highway. From the outside, it appears to be quite rustic, and quaint in appearance, but that is as far as it goes! The small lobby,which also serves as the breakfast area, has rough hewn pine furniture, and the corridor walls have similar panels, on both sides. The first thing that I noticed,when checking in, was the sign informing me that check-out time was eleven A.M., or I would be charged for another day! My room was quite small,for a king room. There was barely enough room for a bed, a small table,with two chairs, and a console in the corner, for a fridge. A low slung dresser had the micro on it, and a wall unit T.V. above it. The bathroom was very small with a sink counter approx. 2'X 2.5", that had no room for shaving utensils,etc., And I had to set them on the toilet! The room was so small that I had to reach across the table to close the drapes. My biggest disappointment was the fact that there was no green areas, at the back. Whatever was not paved,was covered with stones. The front had a small green area,that is fenced in,and the gate was padlocked.you can access it from the frontI f you climb some stairs, and cross a bridge. I had to use the facilities of the Hotel next door, to exercise my pets. I guess that they can justify the rates charged, during the ski season, but for now, it is not value for your money.Breakfast offered few choices! There was waffles,cereal, bread, and bagels, and in the fridge something that looked like coated sausages, to heat in the micro [pass !]. juice, and apples. Not an enjoyable stay. Jerry....Paris Ontario...Canada

Room Tip: Try for a good sized king toom
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jerry l
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I love La Quinta, and always stay when it's an option. I will never stay at this location again. The first night I couldn't get the internet to connect and was told to bring my computer down and they would set it up. It should be seamless and I am not giving my computer to someone in a hotel! Wireless was working most of the time for the next two nights, but wasn't reliable. When I returned on my third night, the door to my room was open. Nothing was missing, but it was disconcerting. The room is dated, needs repair, and was not all that clean (baseboards in bathroom were disgusting, tooth flosser between bed and nightstand, etc). That being said, the walls seem pretty well insulated, it was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kenzie169
A TripAdvisor Member
Walhalla, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family and I came through Steamboat Springs on our recent trip to Colorado. It is very difficult to find reasonably priced accommodations for a family of five. This hotel was perfect. The room was very large with 3 queen beds and a pull out sofa. The hotel was very clean and quite. The manager (and I assume his wife) were so wonderful. It was in a great location. The breakfast was great. We had a wonderful trip.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were up to Steamboat for a quick overnight with our dog.
La Quinta Inns accommodate pooches without too much fuss. The price was great, room and bath were small, but for us, just fine. The breakfest was awful. The Inn is a small one... Indoor pool is tiny! If you need a clean, comfy bed at a very reasonable price...choose this place and go out for breakfest.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple