“Great Stay”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2011

We had a lot of fun in steamboat and the hotel was great. Room was clean and the rate was perfect. The Pool was a little small but was not bad. Staff were very helpfull.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed at La Quinta between Xmas and New Years and were very pleased. The (free) city bus stops right outside the door and the slopes are about a 7 minute ride in the morning... a trip downtown for dinner might take 15-20 minutes. The hotel was very clean and fresh smelling during our visit and the staff extremely friendly and accomodating. The breakfast choices included eggs, sausages, cheese and yogurt (nice protein choices) in addition to an assortment of carbs. We appreciated the free hot chocolate when we arrived back cold in the evening. The rooms and hot tub and pool are not spacious but adequate. The rooms seemed quieter than most economy hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My husband & I stayed travelled with our 7-mo old cockapoo. We stayed at this location due to it's proximity and most of all Pet Friendly rating. There is a nice area for your dog to mill around and do it's duty. Please remember to bring poo-poo bags to clean up after your pet. ((do have a leash because it's next to the highway)) Management and front desk staff are very friendly and accomodating. Nice little pool and hot tub area is great to unwind after a long day.

We had a king size bed which was surprisingly comfortable! Nice room with Mini Fridge and microwave. Very Clean too!!

Complimentary breakfast has variety for any taste.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a low priced hotel in Steamboat, which is very hard to come by! La Quinta has always been the lowest price I've found, other than a few shacky, run down hotels around town. We have always been treated very well by the front desk when reserving and arriving to check in (remember: in order to recieve a pleasant character you must have one yourself!). I have stayed here multiple times with my boyfriend and we look forward to the night. We have reserved a king bed everytime, with no problems. The bed is SO comfortable, with many pillows and very soft sheets. Our room is always very clean, there is a mini fridge, huge flat screen TV, more than enough towels, and we have never heard any noise in the hall or stairs. However: I recently stayed at a nice lodge on the mtn and did hear ski boots and children, because I believe it's inevitable in a SKI town!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
mtleith
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Stayed in a room with 2 girlfriends and it was a great experience. The beds were comfy and there was plenty of space in the room for the three of us and luggage. There is a mimi-fridge, which was spacious enough for lots of beer and tons of snack food, and a microwave and sink area. The owners of the hotel are always on hand to please their guests. The breakfast was great, with more variety than your standard 'continental'. For the price I would recommend staying here, and will likely be staying there again. You can catch the shuttle just outside the hotel to the ski resort. It is about a 20 minute ride. I only recommend not taking the shuttle for any downtown activities, because that is a very long ride with many stops.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Stayed at this hotel in February with my wife. We spent the day in steamboat at the winter carnival and the hot springs. (Strawberry Park hot springs by the way is a don miss; it was the highlight of our trip).
We checked into the hotel and they tried to put my wife and me in a double room even though we had a confirmed reservation for a king, when I told the employee at the front desk that this was unacceptable she turned around and left. After about ten minuets she returned and said there was nothing she could do. I got on the phone and called la Quinta corporate at their 1-800 number who in turned called the gal at the front desk. She then handed me a key to a king room and gave me a nasty smile.
When checked into the room and unloaded our things and headed off for some dinner, upon our return we tried to go to sleep but it was very difficult as the room was very noisy. Not only was it noisy from all the skiers waling up and down the stairs with the ski boots but there were several kids running up and down the hall, this kept us up most of the night and when we would finally fall asleep we would be awoken again by kids playing in the hall and on the stairs.
When we checked out in the morning I told the employee at the front desk about all the noise that kept of from sleeping well, and their response was “well maybe you should wear ear plugs”.

I have to say I travel a lot for work and this was not the WORST place I have ever stayed but the employees actions makes it very easy for me to say we will never visit this hotel again EVER!.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markmdavis
denver
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Our experience with this location I would have to rate it a 1 out 10. We placed our reservation online no problem , but once Steamboat got the reservation we had nothing but problems. First they changed out room from King rooms to three queen beds. in a room not three room with king beds. We did no discover this till 2 days before our departure. We called the Steamboat location to straight this out and we told top bad. We called the 800 number and after 1.5 hrs they were finally able to correct the problem. We arrived we gave our credit card to the front desk. Some how they charge our one son for all three rooms and not just his. The rooms were semi clean the towels you could see thru. The continual breakfast was awful. The credit card issue still has not been resolved after many attempts to correct the issue. This is not a La Quinta Hotel but a mere franchise using their good name. The owner our very uncorporative and unwilling to help. I would stay a motel 6 before I would ever stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple