“Not bad, could be beter.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Santa Monica, California
“Not bad, could be beter.”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

First, we really felt welcomed by the staff. Exterior is nice, pool area is newish but we care more about the actual room. I know it's costly but they still have the old fashioned televisons. The bedding is not cozy, but thin and beds on the firm side. Larger towels or more towels would help. Ugly bed drape at foot of bed that serves no design or function purpose.

Positive things: Spacious counter in the bathroom and refrigerator worked very well. Desk clerk was very friendly.

Usually we stay next door at the Holiday Inn. Next time we will try one of the hotels closer to town that allows pets.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RecessionaryMary
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you RecessionMary for your feedback. We are in the process of updating our guest room technology and decor. Your review is greatly appreciated in helping us better our product and service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 21 February 2011

My girlfriend and I spent 10 days at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for a ski vacation in steamboat. The staff at the Fairfield were very nice and accommodating; the manager (Nick) even took time to greet me in the morning (by my last name) when we waited for the shuttle. We ended up staying 2 nights in the King suite on the 3rd floor then moved in a Jacuzzi suite for the other 8 nights on the 1st floor. The rooms were very clean (Note: they don't give you lotion...we ended up buying some at the Wal-Mart).

The shuttle service ran from 8 am - 10 am to bring us to the gondola. The shuttle then had 2 pickup times in the evening (3:15 PM and 4:15 PM). We ended up taking the free city bus which stops at multiple hotels (Fairfield is the 4th stop...takes about 15 mins). The only bad part about the free city bus is that it doesn't bring you to the steps of the Fairfield like the shuttle. You have to walk about 100 yards (not comfortable in ski boots).

The steamboat springs Fairfield surpassed my expectations thanks to Nick and staff!

James and Rebecca

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Thank you James and Rebecca for your kind words. It means a lot to our team to know we exceeded your expectations. I was sorry to hear that you had to purchase your own lotion, we do offer complimentary bottles which are available at the front desk.

We know you have many choices and we greatly appreciate that you chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Steamboat Springs!!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I booked two rooms here for my family to spend a few days. Unfortunately my toddler got sick a few days before our check-in and we had our first trip to the hospital so we decided not to go. Because of the craziness, I forgot to cancel the hotel reservations. The hotel has the right to charge me for that and they did so. I know that's my fault and I told the manager that. BUT, I am a Marriott Platinum member with over 800 lifetime stays. I was hoping Marriott would come to the rescue and either refund my money or at least add points to my account for a free stay later, or something that would both help the hotel out to cover the room, and help out a customer as loyal as myself.

Apparently Marriott was not concerned with my 800 stays and did nothing to help the situation and the manager was unwilling to bend as well (and admittedly within his rights in doing so).

My review here is really more of a suggestion to fellow travelers to pick wisely and not make the same mistake I almost did. My customer service complaints are my own problem. But there is NO reason to stay at this hotel. I was going to simply because I am loyal to Marriott. But the fact is, the hotel is located next to nothing. You can't walk to the ski village and you can't walk to the cool & funky downtown nightlife. We ended up going to Steamboat a few days later and drove right by this lousy Fairfield Inn and stayed at the Nordic Motel in the heart of downtown. For the same price we got a cozy 2BR room, free breakfasts, and the nicest, most helpful innkeepers you could ever hope for. We could walk to everything and a free shuttle to the ski hill picks up right across the street every 10 minutes.

If you are (were) like me and stay at Marriotts religiously just to earn points and credit for stays, I sincerely urge you to look elsewhere. Steamboat Springs is too special of a town to waste your hard-earned vacation at this out-of-the-way, generic, side-of-the-highway, Marriott trap.

My $162 are gone with the wind, but yours doesn't have to be.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank RoadWarriorTom
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Everything about this hotel is excellent! Anything you need they will get it for you.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We take great pride in our services and strive to impress all our guests.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 December 2010

This Fairfield Inn is clean, bright and friendly. The staff seems to really care. From check-in to check out and the shuttle driver and the housekeeping staff, this place is like a throwback to the good old days when customers were appreciated. I have stayed in many Fairfield Inns and this one has it right! Every one who goes to the desk for help gets friendly personal service. Between the hotel shuttle and the Steamboat public transportation, it is easy to leave your car parked and get around town and the resort area. Next door is a fine restaurant -- Rex's. The free breakfast at this Fairfield is pretty standard, but in a well kept dining area with real fresh fruit instead of that canned fruit cocktail stuff. It stays clean and well supplied. ABOVE AND BEYOND -- my car battery died in the frigid temperatures and I approached Nick at the front desk to get a recommendation for a tow company or service to come jump the battery for me. Instead, he got the hotel van, brought it around and stood out there in the -2 degrees and with his barehands attached the jumper cables and got me started. And he was really nice about it...this is far beyond what I would have expected or asked and I was so thankful. Then he returned to the desk to cheerfully give dining and transportation recommendations to another guest. This property is very reasonably priced for Steamboat and a calm, friendly place to make your home base while you enjoy the Yampa Valley. We had a 20 year old fitness buff with us and he had high praise for the small but well maintained exercise room.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. I was just happy I could help out! Thank you again.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2010

The service was the best I have ever had in all my stays. As a Marriott Platinum Elite Member, I travel a lot and this hotel exceeded the standard by far. Nick at the front desk was quite possibly the best ambassador I have met at Marriott hotels. The rooms were great, cleaned well each day and had everything needed for a 4 day ski trip with 2 young kids and 1 older child. The absolute only flaw is that the breakfast room is right off of the front door, causing a draft some mornings as guests checked out - truly not a big deal at all! Great place to stay - I will surely go back on my next trip to Steamboat Springs!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
denver
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed here for a few days with our 2 children. They loved the indoor pool. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean as was the entire hotel. We really had no complaints. Kids loved the waffles at breakfast (only complaint they ran out of syrup one day-but no big deal.) Beds were comfy and parking was not a problem. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your time and effort.