“Good Value, fun time”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Good Value, fun time”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Construction of hotel was better than comparable or lower priced hotels. Fairly quite even though a Western States Soccer tournament had the hotel booked to capacity. Staff was very helpful.
Decent breakfast

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Steamboat Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. We are pleased to offer complimentary breakfast to all of our guests so that they can save some money while staying with us. Our staff really enjoys their job here. It is our pleasure to assist our guests to our best ability with anything that they need during their stay and I'm happy to hear that we did just that. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kansas City
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel stay was OK. It was average. The condition of the hotel is average - a bit older and in need of some restoration. The staff was very pleasant and the pool was good. One bit of info that might be helpful: We had a $139 rate which was good but the tax on that is about $20 a day which included a line item "resort fee". Really? I have never considered a Fairfield Inn to be a resort. There were no resort benefits so it is really a bogus fee that upped the add-ons to the starting price per night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RudedogKC
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in the Steamboat area. Everyone on our team really enjoys their job here so I'm glad that it shows and am happy to hear you were able to enjoy the pool. Being new to the area myself, I was surprised at the extra fees and taxes that we are obligated to by the city. As you will notice, these tax rates exist at all hotel properties in Steamboat. Our rooms and public areas will soon be under a full renovation so I hope that you will be able to make it back once the property has been updated. Thank you again for your feedback.
Silt, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2012

For being located in Steamboat Springs it was a pleasant stay clean rooms great beds and pillows, the pool was cool and relaxing could use a little cleaning but was clean inside and out! The staff was very helpful and very well versed with local attractions and eateries. The only complaint was we were staying during a little league tournament being held and the free breakfast was pretty none exsistent, was pretty well wiped out by 8:30am and they could use more coffee pots but we did eat a great breakfast at Johnny B Goods....Will stay here again for sure though.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. The pool cleanliness is something that I immediately noticed when I took over the property and have been working with my team to correct this issue. My sincere apologies for our team not keeping up on the breakfast items. Even with the team, we should have everything overstocked to avoid this issue. I have purchased additional equipment including a counter top refrigerator to hold more breakfast sandwiches and fruit cups, and also a second microwave and waffle maker so that guests are not waiting in line as long to warm up their items and get their delicious waffles. Lastly, my breakfast attendant is making sure to have extra coffee backups ready. Thank you again and we look forward to your return to our wonderful property!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Typical Fairfield Inn with reasonable room, cleanliness and service...and then I received the online receipt. Incredibly, this "economy" brand of the Marriott family charges a daily "resort fee" - $2.67 a day, to be precise.

I'm a traveler that normally avoids properties with resort fees - but I'm normally vigilant about that when staying in actual resorts. Tacking on such a fee at a Fairfield Inn, of all things, is arrogance at its height. It's insulting to travelers; heck, it's insulting to actual resorts. I wonder what exactly I "got" for the extra two dollars and sixty-seven cents that couldn't be bundled into the room rate.

No matter; I simply won't stay at this property again. There are obviously hundreds of other choices at this rate level that don't stoop so low as to play the "resort fee" game. Truly beyond annoying.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DenverBrian
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property, DenverBrian. We appreciate your honest feedback about your recent stay which helps us in developing the operations of our property to exceed guest expectations. I am new to the Steamboat area and did some research of other properties in regards to the resort fee that we charge. There are numerous hotels, including our competitors in Steamboat that include the resort fee. Some are based on a percentage of the nightly rate and some charge in upwards of $20 per night. Thank you again for your review.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

A fine place to stay a few nights. I wouldn't book them if they were more expensive than other competitors.

• Stayed February 2012
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you traveler alsberg for your recent review of our property. On behalf of the entire staff, we really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel. Our rates are are always compareable to our competitors so we would love to have you stay with us when you are in the Steamboat area again.
Chicago
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We reserved room months in advance advising of later arrival and asked for a quiet room as we were exhausted, hoping to sleep in. The room we got was by the elevator...and the moment we fell asleep the traffic started and noise started. People walking and talking, elevator dinging, loud noises, laughter, grunting....we could not sleep. At 3 am I asked to be moved, was told nothing was available.
The place is over run by railroad, construction workers, it's filthy and worn out. The staff did not
want to do anything to accommodate us and played dumb. The front desk was staffed with an indian and australian and they just did not care. I left with tears, lack of sleep and will NEVER spend a night here, although have on every stay in Steamboat.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
sbsfi, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
I'd like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff that we fell short of your expectations. We want nothing more than each and every one of our guests to be comfortable. We are working extremely hard during our remodel to bring the very best to our guests.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The public areas are dirty, with dirty carpet everywhere. To be fair, the room was acceptably clean. However, it was beaten up with nicks on woodwork and scuffs on wallpaper, as were the public areas. The exercise room was in complete disarray and unusable but with no warning on the website that I could see when I booked the room. The pool was grossly over-chlorinated. All in all, not a good experience.

As an aside, I am a Marriott gold card holder and to date Marriott has not sent me a rating questionnaire about the stay. I wonder it no questionnaire is sent when the hotel knows it is not up to snuff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ttraveler_11
Ttraveller_11, we are working hard to minimize disruptions to our guests during our remodel which includes all public areas and the pool / exercise room. I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of your room. We look forward to you seeing our renovated property!